Hamers hot ones at lowes in Hudson!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 2 ton of Hamers from Lowe's in Highland for $209 a ton. They sold thru 22 tons in 2 days :)

I can't tell you how jealous I am of you folks finding Hamer's at Lowes. I stopped by my local store yesterday (which has only AWF in stock that they obtained from another store 20 miles south) and explained that their stores 20 miles east in PA (see other threads on the forum) were stocking Hamer's at the same or lower price. He scribbled the brand name on a scrap of paper but I got the distinct impression I was talking to a kid on his way out to lunch (unbelievably distracted for the entire, very brief conversation).

My dealer is out, so even paying a higher price isn't an option. They say Hamer's is telling them that the problem is in getting truckers to take the loads up through Maryland, but it sounds more like Hamer's is selling their inventory to the box stores to get the volume. I can't really blame them, frankly, but you can't find 'em anywhere close by...

Reactions: jjones139
Ditto! You guys are so lucky and if it was me, I would by as many tons I could stuff in EVERY nook and cranny I had! Hamers at $209/ton is INSANE! !!!

Ditto! You guys are so lucky and if it was me, I would by as many tons I could stuff in EVERY nook and cranny I had! Hamers at $209/ton is INSANE! !!!

Ok, let me tell you the truth.....I actually paid $179.89 a ton with my buddies employee discount :) I wanted to be honest LOL!!!!! Premium pellets are very hard to come by in the Hudson Valley, NY which is baffling to many. I was fortunate to have inside info on those Hamers coming to Lowe's and took full advantage because 22 tons was gone in a flash and I got 2 :)

ya you guys are lucky im not there :p GONE!

Ok, let me tell you the truth.....I actually paid $179.89 a ton with my buddies employee discount :) I wanted to be honest LOL!!!!! Premium pellets are very hard to come by in the Hudson Valley, NY which is baffling to many. I was fortunate to have inside info on those Hamers coming to Lowe's and took full advantage because 22 tons was gone in a flash and I got 2 :)
Oh, that's just rubbing it in! Dealer is up to $285/ton for Hamer's and out of stock. Box stores have rotten quality stuff at $239/ton. I though I had enough going into this season but with second stove and a real winter, I'm not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.