Harman Accentra won't start in room temp - no "blinks" in error status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleth51

Dec 20, 2014
Londonderry
My 2010 Harman Accentra Insert stove has been working great. I added a thermostat per the instructions on a forum here... I have to say this forum has been great when I have done research on the Harman. More people probably read this stuff without ever registering than you think! I registered tonight because I cannot figure this one out.

My stove just started giving me an issue last night. It works fine in stove temp mode but when it is in room temp mode it won't start. When it is off and turned on via the room temp mode you can hear the blowers turn on but immediately they turn off and the stove seems to stop the startup process without an error code (initially when turned on the status light turns on for a second or so but it quickly goes off without any blinks). The power light stays on but all other lights turn off and nothing happens.

If I start it in stove temp mode get it going and switch to the room temp mode it stays on and seems to works fine. However if the stove shuts off completely because it reaches room temp or because the room probe is disconnected it won't restart even in the auto mode.

If I disconnect the room probe while the stove is on I get the correct "4 blink status" so I think the room sensor probe is working fine.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the room temp sensor is bad. I'm assuming that no matter where you set the temp dial it won't start? Quick and dirty way to check: Hold the temp sensor between two ice cubes and see what happens. If you don't get a start in less than a minute replace the sensor. Also - have you cleaned the ESP?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies... Not sure why but it seems to be working again??? I'll take it for now and keep my fingers crossed!!!

Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.