Harman Advance 2 (2004) Smoke coming from left side of burnt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cliff

Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Upstate NY
Just put in service this harman Advance and been running it with no issues for about 3 days. Just noticed small wiffs of smoke coming from left side of burnpot. It's only showing on the left nothing on the right. Could it be a burnpot gasket issue? like i said i grab this stove on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago.
I went thru it with both blowers, a pressure switch, and a new igniter. I just got a double 5" exhaust fan which i have not installed yet. I have an OAK setup and i am looking for any ideas.

Thx Again
Cliff

Addition to my original post, that i forgot to mention is that my flame has a flutter to it. I don't know if that is a clue or not but i am trying to list all the issues.

Thx Again

A picture would be great.That said,some stove techs double up the pot gasket,on the older Harmans,because they can warp a bit.

Thx Bob,

Since i posted i think i may have found my issue based on Louseyweather post of the flame guide moving up. I checked mine and indeed it worked its way forward about 1/4". I cleaned and scraped the pot and pushed guide back against the firebrick and no more smoke!!

I'm new to harman so i'm still learning, i guess my next question is should i go for the new burnpot and guide?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thx Cliff

Thx Bob,

Since i posted i think i may have found my issue based on Louseyweather post of the flame guide moving up. I checked mine and indeed it worked its way forward about 1/4". I cleaned and scraped the pot and pushed guide back against the firebrick and no more smoke!!

I'm new to harman so i'm still learning, i guess my next question is should i go for the new burnpot and guide?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thx Cliff
Sometimes changing your feed settings,or changing pellet brands,can affect the "rise" problem.Experiment some.

My Advance does the same thing, no big deal. Looks like a small air leak at the burnpot gasket. I might replace if I'm super motivated . Been that way for years now