Harman Advance Grill in Black

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
I ordered the Harman Advance Pellet stove in black, which was delivered and installed by the dealer. My questions are:

Does this model include a grill above the door over the vents?

Does this include a grill around the window in the door?

Every photo I see of a Harman Advance shows these grills. I had no idea ordering this stove in black may not include these grill items. The stove looks damn ugly with out these grill pieces. The option for the grill work was BLACK. The option did not say without GRILL. The option was in BLACK. My dealer is suppose to get back to me tomorrow on what it may cost for the extra grills.

I hate surprises and this was a BIG surprise to find out that a Harman Advance in Black may not come with a grill. EVERY photo I see in the brochures and on the internet has grill work on a Harman Advance.

BTW the tiles on the top did not arrive with the stove and the knob for the top feed door was also missing. After using a pair of pliers for a week to open the top feed door I am going out now to a hardware store to get a knob.

So far I like the stove. Its been running great. I hope I can resolve these other issues over the next few weeks.

I think all stove dealers show there stoves with all the bells and whistles....The different grills...Nickel...Gold....Are options.....My stove is black also....called the dealer and the grill and the door option was 120.00 apiece......

I got one of the last stoves my dealer had. It was on display and already had the trim on it. The grille and door trim are gold but the hopper knob is nickle colored. I didn't bother to change it as it looks ok. I did get to pick the top tiles which I matched to my tile floor. It seems like a lot of money, but if you want esthetics, I think the trim really enhances the stoves looks.

stovecloseup300pix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.