Harman p35i error code 6 blinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know guess I'm gonna have to have someone come out to look at it
Well you said its new, it should be under warranty.

Just wondering, you replaced that one gasket and it worked ok for a while ? You don't suppose it got dislodged or slipped or torn etc .?

Well you said its new, it should be under warranty.

Just wondering, you replaced that one gasket and it worked ok for a while ? You don't suppose it got dislodged or slipped or torn etc .?
I haven't tried pulling it out yet it wasn't torn or dislodged just kinda flat on bottom side I also checked that vacume switch yesterday and I blew into it so maybe that's getting stuck

I haven't tried pulling it out yet it wasn't torn or dislodged just kinda flat on bottom side I also checked that vacume switch yesterday and I blew into it so maybe that's getting stuck
Maybe some more 35i guys will chime in,there are quite a few in the forum. I don't own an insert so not sure how vulnerable that seal is etc. But based on your comments and if I owned that stove, I think I'd be pulling it back out for a look see.

Maybe some more 35i guys will chime in,there are quite a few in the forum. I don't own an insert so not sure how vulnerable that seal is etc. But based on your comments and if I owned that stove, I think I'd be pulling it back out for a look see.
I will pull it out again it ran all day before once at another time Evan before I changed gasket

I will pull it out again it ran all day before once at another time Evan before I changed gasket
Somplace here we have a missing link, loose screw, air leak, plugged chamber. Just my gut instinct . For instance the fines box cover can be tricky, you have to be sure to slide it on the top tongue. I almost did that myself once but it just didn't feel right tightening the screw. So I rechecked it, Sure enough I missed That tab on top.

It says in that video I linked, to be careful of the combustion blower gasket. Though it doesn't say that will put it in shutdown with a code. usually around here we find out it's dirt that got missed, the stove is stuffed up or the vent is. Thats why we all jumped on that.

You got that right it's probably some thing stupid I've checked the fines cover combustion motor just pulled it out new gasket looks good blew in vacume switch again just fired it up so maybe if it keeps going it's vacume switch we'll see shortly

Thought combustion motor could only go on one way what is xxx config.?
My understanding is that with the 35i, the motor can go on just one way and that is with the winding up. You have to get it set in evenly with a good gasket, not rocket science.

I had another thought that is common, a split or pin hole in the tubing to the vacuum switch.

I've checked both several times everything looked ok
Some people have experienced a clogged ( with ash) orifice in the stove that leads to the tube to the vacuum switch . Found by removing the plastic tubing and running a rod through to the inside of the stove. I've never had that occur but others have.

Last edited:
I be never had it happen on a p35 but have had it happen on an Advance, each have a sealing ash pan separate from the door. Make sure it's clamping down and sealing.
Access Panel I assume ?

Reactions: mrspeeed
Typically a vacuum issue shuts the auger feed down when the vacuum switch is not closed. The Harman stove has a vacuum in both the fire chamber and ash bin area. If the door gasket is failing the exhaust fan can't maintain a good vacuum and a failing fan or plugged vent can't provide enough flow the stove shuts down.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.