Harman P61A issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KerryM

Nov 8, 2017
Cheshire, CT
i have a harman P61A. It is 3 years old, I have never had any issues. I just did a pre-season cleaning. I normally run it at room temp. Well at room temp will start but not stay running (I know it is thermostat controlled) but I wake up it is freezing in my house and well below the room temp of 70 degrees. Today I ran it on stove temp and it blew us out of the house it was so warm. Any help would be appreciated on how to fix it so the room temp would work properly.

Thanks!!!

It may not be working. The only way to check it is with a Harman Diagnostic meter.
Maybe your local Harman dealer can check it for you.
New temp probe is about $25.

one of 3 things:
not connected tightly.
probe end too close to stoves heat[ did the placement of thrProbe's End get knocked loose or moved since cleaning?]
probe took a dive.....cheap enough to replace...

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice. I unplugged it again, wiped it down with a rag and plugged it back in and now it works like a champ. Thanks again