Harman P68 Firing Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louiscamp

Hearth Supporter
Feb 24, 2009
SE PA
I'm on my second year with my Harmon P68. All of a sudden I'm having issues with it firing up. The pellets won't feed until I put it in test mode for a few seconds, sometimes it starts to feed then stops and I need to do it again. I'm using Cleanfire pellets this year and I'm wondering if they are the problem. We shut it down at night (lower the temp knob) and it used to just slowly die out.. Now I notice it glows for hours and the other night it never did shut down. Do you think it could be the pellets or some other problem.

Lou

initially I'm gonna say , cleaning issue, like a a dirty ESP probe causing it to run after you turn it to off, or you could have hit the igniter toggle switch and put it into manual by accident. This would also cause it to feed only in test mode and not when you turn it to "on". If its not the toggle switch, then it might be a bunch of ash in the pipe causing resistance and tripping the vac sensor. Do you get any blinking status lights or anything?

Thanks for your response. I was getting a blinking status light last night (first time). I cleaned everything out pretty good, and it's firing right now. I wonder if it's bad to keep turning the unit all the way gown at night. I was worried that the pellets are burning along the auger and cause other problems.

Lou

Louiscamp said:
Thanks for your response. I was getting a blinking status light last night (first time). I cleaned everything out pretty good, and it's firing right now. I wonder if it's bad to keep turning the unit all the way gown at night. I was worried that the pellets are burning along the auger and cause other problems.

Lou

How many blinks did you get?

Did you clean the ESP?

Have you cleaned you venting?

Turning it down won't cause any problems, but you might as well just turn it off...

It was either 3 or 4 blinks, this is the first time I had a problem with it and figured a quick reset by unplugging would fix it. I'm going to check the ESP as soon as it cools down. It was cleaned last week, that's why I thought the pellets could be a problem.

Thanks...Lou

3 Blinks is an ESP failure...

4 Blinks is room sensing probe failure...

Loose connections on either one will give you an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.