Harman Stov es Not Feeding Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just happened to me, so you all know I'm human too.

Customer was having an issue ,the stove wasn't igniting. Check the igniter, bad...so we replaced it. I didn't do a full on cleaning of the unit cause I had just cleaned it about a month or so previously. AND...after I put the igniter in, I DIDN"T TEST IT cause the guy was in a hurry to go somewhere and I was late getting to the appointment.

He just tried to use the stove and it wasn't igniting. Went out and looked at it, everything was ok but it wasnt feeding pellets either...I ripped the thing apart trying to find the issue, cleaned the vent, put a ladder on the house and dropped a golf ball down the vent, no obstructions....was about ready to tell the guy we needed a new control board when I looked at it and noticed the igniter toggle switch was on Manual.

wah wah wah!

Reactions: john193
Hey, repair guys are human too, Scott. Susan wanted the P61A fired the other morning & since I'd cleaned & spiffed & filled the hopper, I said OK. Turned it to Room Temp HI & it ran for about 3 seconds & shut down...WTF? Back to "Off" & then to Room Temp HI & it ran for 3 seconds & shut off...WTF? Turned it to Stove Temp Hi & everything ran fine...WTF? Looked at the temp setting & it was at 65. Guess what the house temp was? 67! Doh!

I did almost the same for a Hestia I just did a complete cleaning on. It would come on as soon as main power switch was toggled on. Panel indicated vac fault. Checked everything at least three times. Lastly I pushed the power switch and it started up. Machine has a power interuption feature and indicates vac failure on power resumption. Companies tech had not remembered it. I now know the machine way to well:)

Status
Not open for further replies.