Harman Stove pellets not dropping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly

Jan 4, 2016
Mass
I am having a problem with my 7 year old Harmon pellet insert. The pellets are not dropping into the auger. I pulled out the stove and ran it. I also cleaned out the pellet bin and found a tin plate that moves from side to side. It goes to the right ok but as it comes back it pops and will not complete its cycle not allowing pellets to drop. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks jolly

I am having a problem with my 7 year old Harmon pellet insert. The pellets are not dropping into the auger. I pulled out the stove and ran it. I also cleaned out the pellet bin and found a tin plate that moves from side to side. It goes to the right ok but as it comes back it pops and will not complete its cycle not allowing pellets to drop. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks jolly
You need to remove the fines box cover and look to see if that sliding plate came off it's drive mechanism. It can be knocked off when cleaning in there if not careful. And while it might be a little tricky as to what position you need everything in to get it back on , ultimately it's easy enough to accomplish. The plate has a slot in it, and it fits over a tab, not so different from the cover itself really. Take a look in there, it's self explanatory.

Last edited:
Hey jolly, welcome to the forum! I added that your stove was a Harman but you didn't mention what model. It usually helps to add stove make and model in the thread title.

If for 7 years you have never cleaned the fines box, then it's definitely time! I vacuum mine out twice every season,

EDIT: I mean the last 2 season I owned this stove

With the hopper empty and the fine box vacuumed, make sure the slide plate moves freely without it connected to the drive plate. Sometimes with poor quality pellets the fines will jam that plate. Make sure the notch in the plate is up when reinstalling the slide plate. hths. Yes it has happened to my stove and it was from some poor quality pellets.

I have the information on my stove. Accentra Insert (no model #) s# 012867. I checked the plate that slides back and forth slides back and forth nice and free. I made sure the plate is in the slot before I closed it up. Still no luck, everything appears to work as it should, but no pellets. When the plate slide back to the right it goes back about halfway then returns to the left with little to no pellets dropped

the plate is in two pieces
check that the 2 pieces is properly secured together
there rivets to hold together the two parts

Status
Not open for further replies.