Harman XXV or Quadrafire Castile...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambruins

Hearth Supporter
Jun 26, 2008
Chazy, NY
I can get the Harman XXV for $3185 and the Castile for $2749. My heating area is approximately 1400 S.F. It is worth the exta $436 to get the Harmon? Thanks.

i looked at both stoves my self and not one minute do i regret buying the harmon xxv. it is easy to clean and maintain.
in my home i havent even put the stove to its highest setting live in wisconsin and you no how the weather is here.
pound for pound i think its the best stove on market. my opinion only. i read alot of great things on this forum and it
helped me make my decision.

I live in upstate NY - Syracuse - and have a Castile and a P61A (Harman). Both stoves have been extremely reliable over the past couple years of ownership. The Castile though - requires more cleaning, and does not have the heat output of the Harman. The Castile was right size for the location, but it has difficulty keeping up with my 1910 era home. If you have the room for the XXV, it is a beautiful stove, and even if you do not need the extra BTUs, it will be there in reserve when the coldest days hit you area.

Status
Not open for further replies.