Harmon distribution fan whine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rodbuilder

Oct 30, 2022
Washington state
Newbie here. Brand new Harmon P68, no local support, just installers. From day one, we get a high pitch whine , not metallic, from the distribution fan. At all settings. It can be slightly reduced by lowering the room temp adjustment but never goes away. If I were a dog I'd move out. Suggestions appreciated.

My Harmon XXV (Purchased May 2018) had similar problem. Fan had 2 screws touching it. Took it out and shortened screws. It would only do it after warming up too. Mine also was under warranty, I figured it was bad fan. Dealer ordered one and they took forever. I got new one myself. Needless to say I did not need it (Spare Sitting). I would have had to pay service charge since 50 miles away (I think it was $179). Cheaper to just fix it myself

IMG_7006.JPG IMG_7010.JPG IMG_20210119_064818105.jpg