1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hearth Install Pics *stove pics added* 10/22

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by bsj425, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    I never heard of them either until I went to the dealer and saw them. They are made by quadrafire many of the internals are the same as the millenimum 4300. I just love the simplicity of design and hopefully that will change over to ease of use. I know it wont be like running a cat stove where you set it and forget it but it should be pretty straight forward.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    I looked at the website too and that's a nice looking stove with good numbers.. Good luck!

Ray
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yep, it looks like a 4300 without the ACC. which makes it even simpler. That stove has the closest corner clearances on the market I think at 2".
  4. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    They had it next to a 4300 on the floor and from looks alone the only difference you can see was the door on the 4300 is rounded on top and the ws22 is squared. And of course the different badge on the pedestal.
  5. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    BSJ if you don't mind me asking, how much does that stove sell for? I figure Alaska will be higher just good to know the price point for comparison purposes..

Thanx,
    Ray
  6. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    I paid 1850. I have seen them online in the lower 48 listed at around 1300-1400 I also got the last one they had so I got little bit off it was listed just under 2k .
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Very nice!...as soon as I get my new computer loaded with pics of mine I will share them too...we used a brazilian slate, more of a gray slate....with natural stone veneer from the mountain above our house...in fact I did that same stone on my fireplace and the entire foundation of the house, along with the front porch wall and the front of the garage.....all hand picked stone basically from our backyard.....I love those natural colors!!...that looks fantastic!
  8. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Ray that looks great....I am a huge fan of the stone/tile.....I'll put picks of mine up as soon as I get them on my new computer here....having some technical difficulties with a new SD card I bought.....lol....fantastic job on your hearth!!
  9. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Thanx Scott! I had posted those pics here before just wanted to show the similarities of the 2 tiles.. I have enough tile left to do 3 more hearths just no place to add them.. As for the SD card my camera I've had a few years and those big SD cards will not work in that camera, this could be your problem you may need a standard SD card..

Ray
  10. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Yep, I had the same reaction. There is something quietly comforting about a plain clothes, hard working stove sitting in the corner doing its thing. MAN those are close CTC numbers.
  11. ScotO

ScotO Guest

finally got some pics off of our camera onto this new computer...guess I just have to get used to this new Windows 7....anyway here's our kitchen hearth, with our Napoleon 1900p....still working on the living room NZ3000, will post pics as soon as I get it in.....

Attached Files:

12. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Very nice looking unique hearth! Any stove would look at home on your hearth!

Congrats,
    Ray
  13. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    Little update got the tile finished up. Today would of gotten it finished on sunday but got called in to work AGAIN for overtime. ( not complaining double time is always nice) Still need to grout then I will attach the trim. Tile job turned out ok I guess. This was my first tile job ever so hope I did everything right not that there is much to screw up. Somewhere along the line I either started drifting slightly or my platform isnt perfectly square. So of course I get to the last row and there is about an inch gap. So had to cut little filler pieces. Hopefully it wont look as bad when there is grout and the stove parked on top. My wife keeps telling me it looks fine but I am pretty sure she is trying to be nice since she knows I am not too thrilled with my tile job, I tend to be a perfectionist so when it didnt pan out how it did when I dry fitted them and traced them on I was a little upset but I am sure I will get over it once it is grouted nd the stove is in.
  14. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    [​IMG]

only pic for now will post more when it is grouted and trimmed up.
  15. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    I wouldn't worry about perfect, only you will know & anyone looking that close is ready to buy.
    Great post & great pictures.
    Awesome..
    Hurry first chance you get. Zero & worse is just a few days away :)
    Hope you got some good dry birch to warm things up. Nephew is working one of the many state cutting area up there somewhere getting next years wood in.
    Two Rivers or Mosquito Creek cutting areas may be close to you.
    https://dnr.alaska.gov/FPS/
    Great job!
  16. bsj425

bsj425 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    North Pole Alaska
    Yep have about 6 cords of birch that is in the low 20% range on the moisture meter and 2 cord or super dry spruce the installers come tomorrow for the roof box and all the stuff up there so hopefully will be burning by the weekend!
  17. ScotO

ScotO Guest

lookin good!.....can't wait to see a pic of that stove doin it's thing on top of the hearth......great job!
  18. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    I really like those stone tiles; the stove is going to look awesome on that hearth. Can't wait to see the finish product.
  19. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    +1 to the sledding.
  20. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Hearth is looking sharp .. . love the color.
  21. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    That hearth is gonna look wicked nice!!

Ray
  22. PhilDeez406

PhilDeez406 New Member

I am starting the exact project you did. Question: What thickness of backer board did you use and what brand was it? Thanks
  23. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Pictures of the install?

How'd the wnter go?