Hearthstone heritage 8022 and sooteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
Hello everyone. I am looking at a sooteater to clean my chimney. My stove is the Hearthstone Heritage 8022. My concern is if the brush head on the sooteater will fit between the burn tubes in the stove. My plan is to clean the chimney from the inside and not go on the roof unless I absolutely have to. Anyone know if the sooteater will work for me? Any other ideas to clean the chimney from inside the stove? Thanks

The sooteater should be fine, the brush strings are flexible. The main issue is moving the fragile baffle board out of the way.

I had a heritage for several years and swept it every year. I now have a sooteater and a couple of different stoves. The sooteater will easily fit through the tubes on your heritage. Have fun!

I had a heritage for several years and swept it every year. I now have a sooteater and a couple of different stoves. The sooteater will easily fit through the tubes on your heritage. Have fun!
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate your help!

Does your baffle move on the heritage?
I have the baffle out of the stove. I am hoping the soot eater will be what i need to clean the chimney from the inside.

The sooteater should be fine, the brush strings are flexible. The main issue is moving the fragile baffle board out of the way.
Thanks for your response.

The new ones all come in with the baffles cemented down.

The new ones all come in with the baffles cemented down.
That is true. I have had the stove for one season. I was able to get the baffle out as most of the cement had fallen into the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.