Heavy flex liner ID needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccmac

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2014
Indiana
Well I came home today with a package in my driveway and it was my Chimney liner. Problem is I ordered Heavy flex 304L stainless and this stuff has all the characteristics of easy flex. It is light, Corrugated on the inner lining, firm but I could easily crush it with my hands. Heavy flex says it is stiff and you can run over it with a truck. Also says it is smooth on the inside. Says it is too stiff to do a 90 degree sharp turn. This stuff seems easily flexed. The tech on the phone seems convinced I have the right stuff and that I am just mistaken? What do you all think?

Thought I would add a couple pics.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My paper work says it is a "Armor Flex Liner by Olympia. Please give me advice here. What is the consensus about this product? Is it Heavy Flex? It sure doesn't look like what was advertised nor does it have the stiffness as advertised.

Nope not heavy flex at all. That is plain old light wall liner

Looks a bit like Forever flex?

Looks a bit like Forever flex?
Yeah the same weight liner but I dont think forever flex has that many ribs between the crimps. But I am not sure I have not used any light walls like that for years. We only use armor flex hybrid or ventinox.

Okay thanks guys. My paper work say armor flex and the box says forever flex. Not sure what I got but it sure isn't what was described as heavy flex. Gonna try and get it replaced today. The tech said he had to wait until the company opened today so we'll see what they say.

Okay thanks guys. My paper work say armor flex and the box says forever flex. Not sure what I got but it sure isn't what was described as heavy flex. Gonna try and get it replaced today. The tech said he had to wait until the company opened today so we'll see what they say.
It may very well be forever flex I just dont work with it enough to recognize it. But there is no way it is armor flex.

Yeah it is Forever Flex. The guy on the phone won't have a clue what you received since Olympia drop ships the stuff to you after the dealer orders it from them. They blew it on a cap order of mine one time and took care of it quickly.

The picture of ForeverFlex has that ribbing. From the description it sounds like that is what was sent out by error. This is what FF looks like.
Yeah you are right I thought they had fewer ribs between the crimp but I was wrong.

Spoke with woodland direct today and they called me back after speaking with the company....yep they sent the wrong liner. They my liner should weigh approximately 75lbs. Mine package weighed less than 30lbs. They are sending me a new liner asap. Thanks for your help guys! I'll probably post some stuff as I install these liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.