Hello everyone and a Pelpro control board question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ9J

Jul 9, 2014
Park Falls, WI
I can't believe I just found this site. I have been a pellet stove enthusiast for many years. I am going to have lots of fun reading all these posts. I did a search for this but couldn't come up with anything:

Several years ago I was troubleshooting my Pelpro freestanding stove and managed to short out the control board. I tried running it with the board not screwed down and bumped it with my arm. Since it was winter and I was busy, I ordered a new one and the stove has been working fine ever since.

I still have the old board but can't find a schematic for it anywhere..probably a closely guarded secret.

I blew up and I mean destroyed a component so I cannot even find any identifying markings on it. If you look on the side of the Accutron II board where the three little pots and some other components are there are four capacitors. To the left of the uppermost one is a three legged component that I think was probably a voltage regulator IC. It had no heat sink on it. I enjoy working with electronics and would like to replace it and see if the board works. If anyone has an Accutron II board laying around and could look and provide any identifying numbers from the component I would appreciate it. I could take a pic if necessary.

I may have fried other things on the board too but that was the only obviously destroyed component. I do have some different voltage regulator IC's laying around and if none of them will work I will order it with my next batch of parts from Mouser. IF I can find out what it is.

Thanks. I would just take out the new board and look at it but I moved that particular stove to my cabin on the lake; I'm here and it's not.

Last edited:
Heating season is a couple months out yet:)

Status
Not open for further replies.