Help auger doesn't seem like it's putting out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandi

Dec 31, 2015
Michigan
King Pellet Stove 5500m. This is my flame on setting 3 in auto mode. It just doesn't seem to be putting out enough pellets. And the fan motor is going onand off every 5 seconds like it revving up. Sounds like a humming noise. And it's not the fan that blows heat out, that's blowing out heat. It will make a large flame every few minutes but I didn't think the flame was suppose to get low and the pot almost empty before it dumps more pellets.It's been thoroughly cleaned and has all new vent piping according to manufactures recommendations. Does anyone know how to fix this? Much appreciated.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm guessing you have an air leak somewhere or the air is choked off causing the fan to ramp up and down. How long have you had the stove? I don't have the same stove but the exhaust fan ramping up and down is normal during startup in some stoves, especially those made under the US Stove company, they share a lot of the same control boards.
Do you have outside air to the stove? Have you checked the control board settings? Is there a manual damper on the stove? The more info the faster someone will be able to help, but I certainly think it's an air problem, just what is causing it is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.