Help...cleaning out stainless liner...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOOC1

Jan 7, 2008
MA-VT-RI
Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this site I got my chimney lined & my insert installed last winter. The insert worked great! Now that the nights are getting cooler I want to get my stove ready to burn. From what I can see the liner needs cleaning. Before I installed the new liner & insert I cleaned my chimney before with no problem. The question I have now is how do you clean a stailness chimney with an the insert that has a Cat combuster. The insert is a tank & with the block off plate & the way the liner in connected it would be a huge project to take the stove out. I will have no problem doing the cleaning of the liner...the problem will be dealing with the creasote & soot that will build in the damper area & eventually in the cat combuster box. I cannot get to the damper to remove it without taking the entire stove out. The insert is a sierra & the liner is 6" stainless. I have the fiberglass rods & a 6" poly brush for the liner. What do you recommend for this situation?

Any help would be greatly apppreciated!

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.