Help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stephenvau

Dec 24, 2020
Georgia
Hello new to the group.

I recently installed a wood stove that I got for free and it has been awesome. Although this morning I have a approx. 4”X4” ash removal brick that cracked in half. I can’t seem to find a replacement anywhere. I am not sure if the make or model of the stove. Does anyone here know what I am needing or what it’s called?

A picture of the stove would help. Is there a UL label on the rear that identifies the make and model?

Reactions: Stephenvau
A picture of the stove would help. Is there a UL label on the rear that identifies the make and model?
B806165E-BF9B-49D8-BB7E-AE1299B89C37.jpeg 5836FB41-AAE0-4408-B45F-30DE865CE0D1.jpeg 5AB0A5C7-2A63-4162-A484-6BD52FD7C31B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Century. Maybe one of the early FW31000 series? Not sure, the manual I have for the 30007 has no stove picture. The door handle is on the wrong side for the newer FW3100 models. How large is the firebox? How many tubes under the baffle?

Last edited:
The secondary tubes would be right under the baffle at the top of the firebox.

You can run the stove with the cracked firebrick there if you shovel out the ash instead of using the pull-out firebrick. Just let ash fill that area or replace it with a standard firebrick. The part, if you are searching for it is called FIREBRICK FOR ASH DRAWER. This part might work? Get dimensions from the seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephenvau