Help on a Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tidepops1

Jan 25, 2014
Nashville
What kind of pricing should I be looking at with a I2400 stove and installation, I live outside Nashville, Tn. also would this stove heat a 2100 sq ft ranch style house, floor plan is pretty open thanks for any help

The stove should heat the place reasonably well. If you are going for 24/7 heating you might consider the i3100. The extra capacity will provide longer burn times. Either insert will want fully seasoned wood to burn and a 16ft total flue. With liner Id guess this to come out in the neighborhood of $3000-$3200.

Hi Tidepops,

We are able to heat our 1500 sq ft home quite well (pretty open floor plan as well) with our i2400 as long as we load it up often (say every 6 hours). As begreen said the insert doesn't burn well unless the wood is very well seasoned.

Even at between 0 and 20 degrees F our furnace barely kicks on.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.