Help - PE Summit Insert power cord length?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Truesdell

Mar 9, 2013
Hey everyone,

I was just hoping that one or two PE summit insert owners could help me out by measuring the length of the AC cord on the unit and posting it here. I have an outlet near the hearth but am unsure if the cord will make it.

I have the stove, liner, and all other associated pieces on order and plan on doing the install myself. I submitted the permit paperwork yesterday and received a call from the electrical inspector this morning saying I was going to also need an electrical permit because the manual shows no information about the cord and appears (to him) that the electric needs to be routed into the fireplace opening. He is now asking for proof that there is a cord on the unit as well as proof that I have an outlet near the install location before he will sign off on the permit. I attempted to contact PE through the online form but have not received a response. I may have to wait until Tuesday when I am supposed to get the insert to take a picture of the cord for proof for the inspector.

Just over 6' from where it exits the bottom of the side surround panel.
The cord goes through the surround side panel at the notch in the bottom sides of the panel, then to the switch & fan, which is housed behind the corner grille.

Reactions: Dix
PE Pacific, same deal.

My cord runs to the left, under the insert to an outlet on the left side.

You made me look, and in turn, made me clean the dust bunnies off of the cord. It's clean, now :p

I inadvertent cleaned some spider webs off mine.
Now they are on my hand.

Sorry about the spider web and dust bunny attacks, Thanks for the info.

6' from the surround should make it over to the existing outlet. Now I just need some type of proof for the inspector.

A little spritz, a little paper towel.

Done deal Hogz :)

I hear ya ;)

6' from the surround should make it over to the existing outlet. Now I just need some type of proof for the inspector.
Try 100 proof, that should make him happy.

A little spritz, a little paper towel.

Done deal Hogz :)

I hear ya ;)
Nah, I just wipe it off on my pants. That's what men do.
It's the ones in the basement I don't see, but feel when they wrap around my face & head....
I hate when that happens.

Last edited:
Nah, I just wipe it off on my pants. That's what men do.
It's the ones in the basement I don't see, but feel when they wrap around my face & head....
I hate when that happens.

Youse guys !!

I love ya's, but I want to whap you up side the head some times.

My jeans are my biggest apron ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.