Help with Supervent install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I'm trying to install the connector pipe by myself and the offset is becoming the bane of my existence. I telescoped the pipe from the stove up to the same elevation as the chimney connector, plumbed it and the offset is 20". According to the DSP offset chart, I need 12-18 adjustable length. It has a 45 on each end. It will not extend enough to reach from the telescoping length to the chimney connector. I have conceded that I will need another 6" length but I don't know why unless the chart is wrong.

And the DSP is not fitting well over the chimney connector. Looks like it will need a good bit of persuasion in order to get it on enough for the finishing band to cover. Once I get it on there I will not be able to rotate the elbow so it will need to be in alignment when i drive it home.

I'm sure there's something about this i don't know. Hoping someone can clue me in. It's a pain in my sore back.

Last edited:
Welp... I'm done!. burned my first load of wood last night and all is well... great draft, more than I expected actually. I can't choke it off as much as I would like, I gather because it's a 13NC. And my air adjustment is sticking so I have to deal with that.

A tip for anyone who wants to install a DYI system ... Get someone to help with the labor, especially if you use double wall pipe with elbows and adjustable lengths. And be careful on the ladders. :oops:

Thanks to all who helped me along the way.

Pic because it happened.
P1020629 (768x1024).jpg

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.