Hey, Mon, digg these crazy copper chimney caps. - $40,000 Each!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are very nice. Somewhat like having a Ferrari in the garage though. The Corvette is 99.9% of the performance at 1/10 the price....but it's not a Ferrari.

That picture of the two of them is sure begging for a caption.

Warren said:
That picture of the two of them is sure begging for a caption.

I was thinking the same thing, but no comment. I'm sure they love each other... whether that is appropriate for a business website is another story.

Just goes to show you that sometimes setting a high price on something makes it "the best" and some wealthy people won't settle for less.

Very nice looking work, not sure I like the price tag. Maybe I should go into that business. Anyone want to pay me to make them a custom copper chimney cap for say... $15K, now that's a deal!

-Kevin

Webmaster said:
The smaller ones are very competitive with the other copper pots out there - like $1,000 or so, and his are much nicer looking than the Jack Arnold ones (1200-$2000+).

Yeah, that's true Craig. Some of the more standard looking ones did seem reasonable, although I did think the larger more expensive ones were more fitting of the market he's going after and the look desired on a larger more upscale home.

wrenchmonster said:
I was thinking the same thing, but no comment. I'm sure they love each other... whether that is appropriate for a business website is another story.

She can park her pic on my business website any time she wants to.

Vogelzang quotes John 3:16 on their website. Hmmm... Given what some people claim will happen to you if you use a VZ stove I guess it is appropriate:

”FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,
THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE”

man those are up there in price. Good looking stuff though. The site is a litte rough, but it gets the point across & like he said there aren't many people building such contraptions so the site probably isn't hurting him too badly. I think there is definately a line between professional and personal. I'll tell folks "happy holidays" or "merry christmas" but I don't quote scripture (not that I could anyway short of Samuel L. Jacksons line in Pulp Fiction)

great looking caps, but he shoulda asked his 8 year old kid instead of the 4year old kid to lay out the site

Status
Not open for further replies.