Home made trim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

centerline

Aug 19, 2015
Oklahoma
Been burning wood in a Buck stove for 28 years. This will be my first winter with my Harman P43. I am very anxious to see how it compares. Had to do some extensive clean up work from the wood stove, lay new brick and such. Once the P43 was set, I was not satisfied with the appearance so I manufactured my own trim and I think it turned out quite nice. I researched extensively the pellet stove market and settled on the Harman. I doubt I will be disappointed since I plan on burning a hard wood high quality pellet. Time will tell !

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    473.2 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: rona
You may find that softwoods will be more heat and less ash. A pellet stove has far more control over the fire and almost completely eliminates soot.
Welcome and good luck.

Welcome to the forum ... looking good! You will find better heat control with the pellet stove than the wood stove. No more blast you out the door with the windows open;lol Enjoy!

You may find that softwoods will be more heat and less ash. A pellet stove has far more control over the fire and almost completely eliminates soot.
Welcome and good luck.

I have recently read that about the soft wood products. Hard to change 28 years of habit of burning hard woods in my buck stove.
I will buy a few bags of soft wood pellets this winter and experiment, I've got a lot to learn. And excited about it.

Welcome to the forum ... looking good! You will find better heat control with the pellet stove than the wood stove. No more blast you out the door with the windows open;lol Enjoy!

Yep, many times I've had windows open in the dead of winter to cool off the house and had to run the central heat to supplement a cold stove. Plus the tons of ash I've carried out the door and tens of gallons of creosote I've cleaned from the chimney.
Looking forward to the simplicity of pellets.

Still have chores to do with the pellet stove but not nearly as labour intensive as a wood stove. What size house are you heating with the Harman?

Reactions: NHcpa
The ability of the Harman stove to able to digest a ton of pellets before empting the ash bin will is nice.
Pellet quality and price vary by region so wise idea to try a few bags before buying a pallet or so but the Harman stoves can eat most pellets without to much problem and is another plus for the stove line.

Still have chores to do with the pellet stove but not nearly as labour intensive as a wood stove. What size house are you heating with the Harman?

Whole house is bout 1375 sq foot. But since my kids are grown and gone I shut two bedrooms off and probably doing 1000 sq feet or less. It don't get drastically cold here in Oklahoma so the P43 should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.