How hot a flexible chimney liner can get

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a curious question about how hot a flexible chimney liner can get during a normal use at any given day.
That depends how you run your stove. They are rated to withstand 1000 constant and 2100 intermittently. Why do you ask?

Reactions: tathspts
I am shopping for silicon that will go around the flashing on the top of terracotta liner. I wonder if there is a product I can purchase that is made specifically for this?

I watched a video where they have also put silicon on the side of connector that goes into stove and chimney cement that on the side that connects to the liner. I am missing both.

I would assume temperature would be different at top end of the chimney vs the end that goes into stove. So do I need different silicon for both applications? I would assume silicon on the top has to be weather resistant.

I am shopping for silicon that will go around the flashing on the top of terracotta liner. I wonder if there is a product I can purchase that is made specifically for this?

I watched a video where they have also put silicon on the side of connector that goes into stove and chimney cement that on the side that connects to the liner. I am missing both.

I would assume temperature would be different at top end of the chimney vs the end that goes into stove. So do I need different silicon for both applications? I would assume silicon on the top has to be weather resistant.
High temp silicone at the top nothing at the bottom

they come in a temperature grade. from 250 degree celsius all the way upto 500 degree celsius. Price difference between both is about 3 times. So I wonder if must use 500 degree celsius over 250 or 300.

High temp silicone at the top nothing at the bottom

they come in a temperature grade. from 250 degree celsius all the way upto 500 degree celsius. Price difference between both is about 3 times. So I wonder if must use 500 degree celsius over 250 or 300.

• Love
Reactions: tathspts