How Long Have You Been Heating With Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
I'm on my 7th season with the pellet stove.How long have you guys been heating with pellets.
Before pellets I burn wood for a few years of hard labor lol

since January 2009

Dec. '07

About 20 minutes tonight. But Feb 09 was the start of a beautiful relationship. ;)

Reactions: The Ds
October 1997 for me, still have the old Whitfield too. Other than regular cleaning it has only needed a new blower/combustion motor (all in one unit), a new firebrick, and auger bushings. I paid $700 for it brand new back then and could probably get most of money back, not bad in my opinion!

February '12 and looking forward to a full season of warmth this year! :)

This will be my first year, just got the replacement selkirk pipe installed, and ready to have a winter with nothing but pellet heat

Sept 2011 - smartest thing I have done.

Since 09...I serviced, then installed, then sold them before I got comfortable enough to know I wanted one (or two) in my home. Put the P43 in & then moved to the garage & replaced it with the P61A. Might work my way up to a pellet boiler in the next year or two...

this will be my 8th year

Oct. 2011 for me but my stove has way more experiance then I do.

probably spells better than me also;lol

Reactions: smoke show
About 45 minutes (the length of two test fires after installation).

Since last week. New install in August. Knew I couldn't handle the oil prices going forward so supplemented with a pellet stove. So far, best thing I've ever done.

5 Years next month.
If not for the fine folks of Hearth.com I'd probably converted to natural gas back then and not known any better.

Love my Stove. :)

---Nailer---

This will be our 1st full heating season.

Installed our stove on Dec 23, 2011.

December 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.