How Long Have You Been Heating With Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5th year. 100% pellet heat! Love my pellet boiler!

I'm on my 7th season with the pellet stove.How long have you guys been heating with pellets.
Before pellets I burn wood for a few years of hard labor lol
Its been around 16 years for me. Have owned two Whitfield stoves and two Harman's over those years.

I'm on my 7th season with the pellet stove.How long have you guys been heating with pellets.
Before pellets I burn wood for a few years of hard labor lol

Season #4 started a few nights ago

This is my 2nd full winter coming up. Purchased stove end of 2010. Before that I burned coal for many years in hand fed Harman, I miss the heat. Before that burned wood. ... If the compressed wood bricks were available years ago I'd be using them instead... I think...

Starting year 4.

Started in 1983 with a first gen Whitfield, still have it. Got into Countrysides burning corn in 2003. Replaced with used Bixby in 2010 and now progressed to Harman p45 this season with everything to install a crosslink system. Fired it up three days ago(without crosslink) and runs good. Abit of learning curve to optomize my pellet usage. Used to just setting a feed rate and living with the heat output. Was hoping to start fires late October but we took a major swing to cold here in central MN. Three tons of Indeck and a ton or so of corn leftover from last year.

this is my third year...It paid for itself last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.