How many burn two stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jrandall said:
We'll I see this thread has "varied" a little but I burn two. The insert gets used much more than the 602 in the kitchen. Actually yesterday and tonight the insert will be burning low thirties tonight.
Sorry for the thread tangent. I have to do something to get promoted from the lame-sounding Fire Honor Society to Pyro Extraordinaire!

I burn two stoves. I have a Hearthstone Heritage in my family room and a Jotul 3cb in our front parlor. From the front door you can see both stoves. I burn a little bit more wood but the overall warmth is much higher with the 2nd stove. Looking back though I mighty have gone with the Castine instead of 3cb for better overnight burns. I don't mind the c/s/s of wood. Right now I provide wood for 4 families anyway.

We burn two, sometimes. Have split-level built in 1970 - have a Pacific Energy insert in the lower level which runs all winter. Also have a Napolean 1150 in the kitchen. Since we added more attic insulation, we burn the Napolean only when it gets really cold.

One BK CBT in the basement, forced air, and one RSF in the living room looking pretty when we burn for shoulder season, Friday movie night, or when ever the boss wants to see "fire".

Herbster

Status
Not open for further replies.