How to remove liner from Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

willcanada

Nov 24, 2023
Canada
Very difficult to remove this liner from my insert - looking to swap inserts with a newer one.

I removed a screw from the back of the collar - but this is still not budging.

Any suggestions are welcome!

tempImageogPr3o.png tempImagesni9aU.png tempImageKkRwgc.png

Would it be wrong to use a hacksaw to cut this above my insert, I can then feed a sleeve or connector or extension on to connect to new insert after?

Would it be wrong to use a hacksaw to cut this above my insert, I can then feed a sleeve or connector or extension on to connect to new insert after?
Your probably going to have to lift the liner up from the top

Your probably going to have to lift the liner up from the top

Wouldn't this be more difficult than just cutting the bottom bit off and attaching a piece onto the bottom that will connect to the new insert?

If this is the general advice I will do that for sure, just curious!

Wouldn't this be more difficult than just cutting the bottom bit off and attaching a piece onto the bottom that will connect to the new insert?

If this is the general advice I will do that for sure, just curious!
But how will you get the new stove under it without lifting the liner?

But how will you get the new stove under it without lifting the liner?

I imagined some sort of sleeve I could slide up the liner , insert stove, slide down the attachment, and fasten.

But - I believe lifting the liner will be the route I'll take as that seems to be the norm and I'm not sure what I imagine even exists haha.

Thank you!