Hudson River Kinderhook issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

j00fek

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jun 9, 2008
Auburn, Maine
hello, wondering if anyone else who has a kinderhook by hudson river thats had any problems.

stove shut off on me during the night and will not turn back on, the #4 heat light blinks along with the mode light when starting back up after a full cleaning.
auger light will not turn green
cleaned out the vacuum line, confirmed working by bypassing and got the #2 blink after.

Last edited:
TY for the info and the manual!

i have figured out the issue,
after cleaning the whole stove, confirming that the auger motor worked, cleaned out the pellet chute making sure it wasnt jammed as well.

i looked on the circuit board side and found another temp sensor on the back of firebox with a red button on it, i pressed it in and the stove turned on!

looks like my hopper got over 200deg overnight and that why the sensor tripped.

"This unit is equipped with a high temperature safety switch. If the temperature of the hopper reaches
200F, the auger will automatically stop and the unit will shut down. Once the exhaust temperature
cools below 120F the #4 light on the control board will flash. Refer to the Troubleshooting section of
this manual if this occurs."

Attachments

• IMG_20170304_131056741.jpg
    IMG_20170304_131056741.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 372
If it is a frequent occurance, you may have to change it out... What heat level were you burning at?

i had it on 3 heat 3 feed overnight, but i had let the pot build up over the week and hadn't cleaned it.

since i have owned this stove i usually run 2-3heat 1 feed over night w/ no issues. i think 5 years now.

im thinking this year my pellets contributed to this since iv been getting alot of clinkers and buildup in the pot as well.

Not sure of the lifespan of the ceramic limit switches, but something to keep an eye on. What pellets are you using? Do they burn hotter than previous pellets? May just be too high a feed rate...

Good catch LG- Yes the K-hook is an Enviro burn engine and yes #4 is high temp sensor. Normally a dirty convection blower, sensitive hi temp switch (might want to get a replacement ready) or some hot and heavy burning pellets, most of the time a dirty convection blower which slows down and can't disseminate heat properly......