I broke my summit!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minesmoria

Dec 17, 2005
So a piece of wood was to long and the window broke when i closed it. I put some gasket cement glue to help hold two pices to gether seems to work okay.

I will Have to order a new piece from my dealer tomorrow.

minesmoria said:
So a piece of wood was to long and the window broke when i closed it. I put some gasket cement glue to help hold two pices to gether seems to work okay.

I will Have to order a new piece from my dealer tomorrow.

Save yourself some money, call around to the local glass shops, find one that carriers pyroceram, and have them install it. Will be cheaper for the glass & install, than the pc of pyroceram from PE alone.

Yes, please let us know what PE quotes you for the new glass, I'd be surprised if a local glass shop would carry the high heat glass, but that would certainly be nice if they did!

OUCH!

I worry about that happening too...gotta be real careful with those longer pieces. This year I'll be cutting a little more carefully...usually I'm right around 16" except when the log gets down to the last 50" or so. 18" is my new goal all around goal.

Our QF 4300 will take a 20" log...but when you're making production it's easy to cut 'em a little too long.

I guess that is one of the pluses of having a stove that gets filled E/W.

Many local glass shops do carry the ceramic glass. I load either E/W or N/S depending on what I have going. I find the N/S load is great for quick starts and heat. The E/W loads, packed in, are great for long burns.
I am so cautious about cracking that glass (watch now I will do it) that I always shut the door very slowly and repack the load if the wood is less than an inch or two from the glass. I also hate cleaning the crap off the glass and the one/two inch rule minimizes that as well.
Definately try the local shops first so you can get back in biz quickly..

Status
Not open for further replies.