I converted my in-laws from a cheap HD stove to a Harman 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame this isn't in the hearth room. Three ladies there would have posted the pic of a ruler and said "whip'em out" by now.

Shame this isn't in the hearth room. Three ladies there would have posted the pic of a ruler and said "whip'em out" by now.
I'm surprised this thread doesn't have the padlock on it by now but since you have been sucked into the fray.....;)

We can turn this stove battle up a heat notch or three.

You think we need the stickers you see on the back windows of pickups. Instead of the kid pissing on the Chevy or Fords we could have stickers with stoves. Ha ha ha! Or the merry little sticker families plastered across the rear of the mini vans. Many add the dog and we could add the stove. What's up with the big plastic nut sacks hanging from the rear hitches? People pay money for the dumbest chit!

I see this all of the time between the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge diesel trucks around here. Must have not gotten the memo? My balls get me in enough trouble as is. Don't think I need to tow and extra set of them behind my truck everywhere I go. Most of these morons don't use these diesel trucks for the towing they are for anyway so I guess it is and excuse for towing a large rubber nut sack around.

Let's not forget the kids with the $1,200 bazooka exhausts and $400 whale tails on their $800 pimped out rides. Yea, makes perfect sense to me.........;)

You think we need the stickers you see on the back windows of pickups. Instead of the kid pissing on the Chevy or Fords we could have stickers with stoves. Ha ha ha! Or the merry little sticker families plastered across the rear of the mini vans. Many add the dog and we could add the stove. What's up with the big plastic nut sacks hanging from the rear hitches? People pay money for the dumbest chit!

I see this all of the time between the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge diesel trucks around here. Must have not gotten the memo? My balls get me in enough trouble as is. Don't think I need to tow and extra set of them behind my truck everywhere I go. Most of these morons don't use these diesel trucks for the towing they are for anyway so I guess it is and excuse for towing a large rubber nut sack around.

Let's not forget the kids with the $1,200 bazooka exhausts and $400 whale tails on their $800 pimped out rides. Yea, makes perfect sense to me.........;)

welcome to Ellington, CT. Home of the jacked up pickup truck with huge silver stacks. Hey lets make black smoke all over town that sounds like fun.

Reactions: Ctcarl and bags
How did I ever forget to include the high dollar stacks that take up a lot of cargo space in their short bed 3/4 HD's and 1 tons? That makes about as much sense as putting an off-roading wench on a crotch rocket bike's front forks. At least these clowns can blame it on being a Hill Billy around here in KY. Not sure what excuse the geniuses up in CT would have. Maybe, "well Papaw was frum Tucky." LOL!

So, who around here is springing the big bucks for the neon light kit for their stoves? C'mon, ya know ya want one! How festive and sporty would that be around the Holidays with the Velvet Elvis hanging nearby and the Furbie's jammed into the curio cabinet? Clark Griswold's Cousin Eddie has a similar setup in the RV. "Chitter's full!"

welcome to Ellington, CT. Home of the jacked up pickup truck with huge silver stacks. Hey lets make black smoke all over town that sounds like fun.
Down here those same idiots have handicap plates on their trucks even though the running boards are chest high! Makes perfect sense........ to someone!

Reactions: Big papa and bags
With all of this stove bashing, I can see there will be little time to help people who really need help, be it with their Harman or any other brand they liked or could afford.
Why can't we all just get along???? This has really gotten just plain stupid.

I ignored my own statement? Which one, LG? Bridging happens with LONG pellets and not less dense ones. Of course, if the pellet maker doesn't compensate for less dense pellets, then they WILL be longer assuming he's putting the same lbs/hr through the die. I had bridging with very long pellets if you look at some of my earlier comments from a few years ago about Carolina Wood Products crap.

I had to go back to look before I answered... Compared the Trebios (hardwood) with the Surefire (softwood) pellets. All around the same size pellets... When using the Trebios, they were bridging due to not sliding down in the hopper (happened 3X before I figured out there were voids developing closer to the auger). I needed to "stir the pot" in the hopper to get things moving. The only thing I could come up with that was causing this was the Trebios are not as densely compressed so not as heavy per pellet so gravity needed a little help. The volume of actual pellets in the bag is more in the Trebios than the Surefire... First noticed that when I was using Heartlands.

My two cents...

I actually find the little rivalry funny. They're heating appliances for Christ's sake!

I had to go back to look before I answered... Compared the Trebios (hardwood) with the Surefire (softwood) pellets. All around the same size pellets... When using the Trebios, they were bridging due to not sliding down in the hopper (happened 3X before I figured out there were voids developing closer to the auger). I needed to "stir the pot" in the hopper to get things moving. The only thing I could come up with that was causing this was the Trebios are not as densely compressed so not as heavy per pellet so gravity needed a little help. The volume of actual pellets in the bag is more in the Trebios than the Surefire... First noticed that when I was using Heartlands.

My two cents...
That could make sense that the pellets were more like marshmallows and too light to slide down OR they had some other 'additive' in there that made them sticky. I never saw that with any I've had. I've almost exclusively run hardwood except for the second year with the looooong pellets. I did polish and wax my hopper since it's an insert and notorious for not having enough slope.

Reactions: apandori
Leaving this one open to keep this crap out of the threads that actually help somebody with their stove.

Think cyber septic tank here.

Reactions: bags and tjnamtiw
Reactions: bags and Big papa
As stated in the first post because its a broken POS :)

I have the nuts on my truck too but mine are made of steel and I have an adjustment so they will drag off the road balls a flaming

Ford trucks. Pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.