Identifying Fireplace in New House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lawson

Nov 18, 2013
Colorado
Hey all:

I previously spent my time lurking in the Pellet Mill. We moved this summer and I now have a fireplace.

Can you help me identify what I have and maybe some tips for how to use efficiently? Our only other heat source is electric baseboard heaters.

The house was built in 1977. I'm quite certain the fireplace is original as they didn't do any other upgrades to the home.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
20151126_094355.jpg 20151126_094343.jpg 20151126_094331.jpg 20151126_094322.jpg

Congrats on the new place. I am no help with ID'ing your fireplace but I'd be keeping a real close eye on temps around there and be cautious of having all the Christmas stuff to close until you identify the stove and measure your clearances. Looks tight to me with the wood trim even but I'm no expert or installer. Just a homeowner enthusiast.

Best of luck with your new home.

Congrats on the new place. I am no help with ID'ing your fireplace but I'd be keeping a real close eye on temps around there and be cautious of having all the Christmas stuff to close until you identify the stove and measure your clearances. Looks tight to me with the wood trim even but I'm no expert or installer. Just a homeowner enthusiast.

Best of luck with your new home.

I understand. It is surprisingly cool everywhere around, even when burning a hot fire. But hot air does come out those top vents. That's kind of what I'm trying to figure out. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff

Hard to ID. There usually is a mfg. ID tag in the doorframe area. Fireplaces like this are not very efficient and not meant for 24/7 burning. Close the glass doors only after the fire has died down.

Status
Not open for further replies.