1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Improving... <gulp>... Super Cedars?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by billz, Jan 5, 2013.

1. daleeper

daleeper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NC MO
    Uh-oh :oops:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    I'm sure you've already done it, but don't drop any crumbs on top of a Fv or you'll be rubbing the wax spot it leaves with a paper towel, trying to soak it up. :oops:
  3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I use a pizza cutter._g
  4. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Otherwise known as... kindling?

Seriously... are things so tight that 1/4 vs. 1/6 of a $0.66 SuperCedar makes a difference?
  5. Slow1

Slow1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    I have split into 1/6 size, not because of the pennies saved but more of a "how little can I get away with" sort of thing. Yeah, it is a game of sorts and really no point to it but somehow it gives me pleasure. I'm not sure I could cut them into 1/8th and still have any structural integrity to each piece... but maybe I should try :)
    Joful likes this.
  6. westkywood

westkywood Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kentucky
    It's like leaving a light on for no reason. It's not going to cost much, but it's a waste. Why should I use more than needed to get the job done?
    But to answer your question, the difference is 16 cents verses 11 cents. LOL.