info on used Tarms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolidge

Dec 16, 2008
Maine
Does anyone know where i can get some info on older Tarms? I have gone to look at one and the only thing i know is its color (orange). I am figuring in the 120 to 140 btu range. Looks to be i really good shape, still hooked to the oil burner. I was told i has not been used in seven years. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

If You can lift the top cover in the front of the unit above the loading door you will see an identification tag. That has the model # yr built etc.. I aquired an older tarm for free 5 yrs ago and it is great. There are many tarm users here.
Mike

You are probably looking at a mb 40 or mb 55. The 40 is 120,000 btu's the 55 is 140,000 btu,s. How much are they asking. Look for corrosion on top. If it has a coil chances are it might be leaking on top or on the front above the door where the coil access panel is. The yr and model will be on the tag under the cover

Status
Not open for further replies.