Installing an Econoburn.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChoppa

May 21, 2010
N.D.
Just got a shiny blue Econoburn and looking for assistance hooking her up. Let's start at the bottom. The boiler comes bolted to a pallet, is it okay to install as is or wiser to do away with the pallet and set her down? Guess no risk of the thing moving anywhere...right? My slab may not be exactly level but it's not too bad, is this a concern at all?

Thanks.

you'll get a full days burning out of the pallet . I leveled my boiler up wih a floor jack and just put steel spacers under the corners

Take the Econoburn off of the pallet. It will rock a bit being on the pallet, you will notice it when you load it. Shim it up with steel washers or what ever to make up for your floor being a bit off. If you don't know it there is a lifting hook built into the top of the boiler under the 12" access cover. Be carefull to not pinch the wires in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.