1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Intermittent/Cycling Timer for Fireplace Insert Blower?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by NJmark, Jan 31, 2013.

1. NJmark

NJmark New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a Napoleon 1402 fireplace insert with dual blowers. When it's burning nice and hot, the thermostatically controlled blowers come on and stay on until it's down to hot coals. I'd like to have to have it come on and shut off in cycles (maybe every 15 minutes or so), but I can't seem to find a timer for this. The fan noise, even on low can be annoying after a while (although it's tolerable). Most of the kind that I've seen on Amazon are the kind of timers that come on and then shut off at a certain time each day. Has anyone here ever put any kind of timer on their insert blower fan?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
  3. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    41.33°N 74.18°W and 44.67°N 111.0°W
    Have you tried removing and cleaning the blower or looking for loose screws etc?
  4. NJmark

NJmark New Member

Hi,
    There isn't anything wrong with the blower, as far as I know. I just don't want to hear it running constantly, which it does when the fire is hot, since it's thermostatically controlled.
  5. NJmark

NJmark New Member