Is $669.00 a good price for an englander 30 NCH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Seems fair to me. At 475 lbs thats only $1.40 a lb .Cant buy hamburger for that price. Its the end of the season almost and there should be some good deals out there. Im looking for a second larger stove for another location and want to try a different reburn technology ,mostly out of curiosity.
Also what does the suffixes mean NC,NCH Non-Cat? THe reviews are mostly good, although it seems it could use a better ash storage system.

I've owned the stove for nearly 2 years and have never used the ash bin and don't plan to. I personally wish it didn't have one at all just for looks.

Other than that, you'd have to just plain be lucky to find one much cheaper. They reason they are getting marked down is because it's the end of the season. If this is the last one, then, well, you missed a hell of a great deal. If they have 20 out back and they drop them to 499, then well, you were lucky.

Personally, I'd buy it at that price. That would be just about as lucky as I ever get.

pen

pen said:
I've owned the stove for nearly 2 years and have never used the ash bin and don't plan to. I personally wish it didn't have one at all just for looks.

Other than that, you'd have to just plain be lucky to find one much cheaper. They reason they are getting marked down is because it's the end of the season. If this is the last one, then, well, you missed a hell of a great deal. If they have 20 out back and they drop them to 499, then well, you were lucky.

Personally, I'd buy it at that price. That would be just about as lucky as I ever get.

pen
Its an online price with free home delivery and 0 interest for 6 months . Delivery alone can be as much as $500 for an item of this weight as they probably need a gate lift truck to get it off.Id prefer the pedestal model. But i think this one has the legs.

NC = Non Cat
NCL = with legs
NCP = with pedestal
NCH = you are getting it from Home Depot and it includes legs and a ped.

Is there difference in the ash pan between the stove with legs and the pedestal?

Same stove. In fact they come with the legs and ped included now and you put on whichever one you want. I want somebody's leftover ped for a TV stand.

I bought my NC-13 for $689. I'd say GRAB IT! A 30 for $669!

trump said:
Is there difference in the ash pan between the stove with legs and the pedestal?

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about the ash pan. The price is a good deal.

Really, our ash pan will see more service as a bun warmer than it will ever see as an ashpan. Don't dawdle unless they have a lot of them.

BeGreen said:
Really, our ash pan will see more service as a bun warmer than it will ever see as an ashpan. Don't dawdle unless they have a lot of them.

Great idea BG. I am gonna check the temp in mine and may bake a cake in it before the season is over.

trump said:
Its an online price with free home delivery and 0 interest for 6 months . Delivery alone can be as much as $500 for an item of this weight as they probably need a gate lift truck to get it off.Id prefer the pedestal model. But i think this one has the legs.

Do you have a link? I'm interested in getting one for my shop and that's a pretty good price.

My home depot has the #30for 50%off and the #13 (1800sf) for the same % off 999.00/500.00 799.00/400.00 Nice stoves i pondered all night on how to get that pos temco tbf47-3 out and hook up a stove. oh well there is always next year

northwinds said:
trump said:

Do you have a link? I'm interested in getting one for my shop and that's a pretty good price.
Its the HD Website

I know they get pretty cheap end of the season ,going to check my local stores today and if they dont have anything better ill just opt for the free home delivery online.I checked lowes but hey dont have squat for sales prices and the stoves they have are not that nice anyway.They dont have englander brand.Sales guy said ,they dont discount ,they just keep em till next year.(not sure if he knew what he was talking about)

lethal dose said:
I'm lookin at it. Over $1,000.

My link says $1199 but when i go to my local store site,its $669 check different stores around your area,they may not be discounting yet.
I think i have my son talked into one as well,perhaps i can get a deal on a 2fer

longjohn said:
My home depot has the #30for 50%off and the #13 (1800sf) for the same % off 999.00/500.00 799.00/400.00 Nice stoves i pondered all night on how to get that pos temco tbf47-3 out and hook up a stove. oh well there is always next year
Im going to my local store now and if they are $500 ill be taking 2 home.

trump said:
longjohn said:
Im going to my local store now and if they are $500 ill be taking 2 home.

At this location they c/s person (who by the way is garden mgr) say's they are so low because they are not selling check out this post.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/70849/

What zip code are you putting in to see that price? I'd buy one but all the zip codes I have tried don't give me that price.

MrLouie said:
What zip code are you putting in to see that price? I'd buy one but all the zip codes I have tried don't give me that price.

I tried different zip codes and changing the "my store" locations but i keep getting the same prices, so thats not working. MY zip is 17866

FireAnt said:
I bought my NC-13 for $689. I'd say GRAB IT! A 30 for $669!

Anyone get the blower and do you recommend it?

I just checked online for several of the stores around here. All still regular price except for one rural community store twenty miles south. They have it marked down to $669.

Got mine for $500cdn afew years ago. Lowes in Ontario has the half price sale on stoves soon too.

Out of curiosity I checked Lowes online and they have the Pleasant Hearth rated for 1800 sq. ft. for $699. Don't know how it stacks up against the Englander, just thought I'd pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.