Is $669.00 a good price for an englander 30 NCH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only found a 13 at my local HD yesterday,they wanted $534 Closest store to have a 30 in stock was about and hour or more so drive away, so decided to just order one online and let them deliver (free delivery anyway). WHen i tried to order the stove and blower, the price on the stove kept reverting back from $669 to $1199 as i was processing the order, so i removed the blower from the order and the stoive went through at $669 . SO the heck with the blower for now as including it with the order, it wont let me order the stove at the clearance price. So i got an order confirmation # and will look for the email.

Jaugust124 said:
Out of curiosity I checked Lowes online and they have the Pleasant Hearth rated for 1800 sq. ft. for $699. Don't know how it stacks up against the Englander, just thought I'd pass it along.

Although i wanted a lighter stove (not 500lbs ) cuz i move it every year or so i opted for the englander 30 as it has a 3.5 CF firebox,that means im not loading it every few hours all day. Iv been to lowes and didnt like anything i saw there. THe englander is not made in china ,that was a factor as well. It gets mostly favorable reviews too, and i already checked it out on you tube as far as the reburn action,quite impressive. Half price with free shipping is not bad as well. After i take it for a test drive and compare it to my harman ill post my thoughts, but as its only about a third of the cost of the harman so i have to keep that in mind im sure it will be a good investment at less than the cost of ONE 250 Gal tank of oil. $870 Right now

wood butcher said:
Got mine for $500cdn afew years ago. Lowes in Ontario has the half price sale on stoves soon too.

It probably sold for $999 at that time and was half price end of the season deal as well, Steel has gone back up recently so the New non discounted price seems to be $1199. $669 is pretty good when you consider they must be paying at least $150-200 just for the shipping to your house. The stoves that do NOT include shipping they want $500+ just for the shipping.

The Pleasant Hearth stoves are made in the Evansville Province of the People's Republic of Indiana.

I'm gonna be another vote for YES!

That is a great price.

I bought mine for $550 from a guy on craigstlist, still new, wrapped in plastic and on the original shipping pallet. it's the best money I ever spent. For another $100, it would still be the best money I ever spent.

-SF

BrotherBart said:
The Pleasant Hearth stoves are made in the Evansville Province of the People's Republic of Indiana.

The other stove i was considering was a US stove model 2500 from TSC supply.Large fire box 325 LB Wt and EPA certified.Priced fron $800-$1200 If im not mistaken all US stove models are made in china.

Lowes has a 2200 SF stove online they are calling "Summers heat" Picture is an EXACT replica of the englander ,all specs are the same,this is their version of the englander ,even comes with both legs and pedestal
Model # is 50-SNC30.
THey want $1341.00 + $79 delivery. Even more than the HD in season List price.

It isn't a replica, it's just a rebrand. If you look at the Englander site, "Summer's Heat" is one of their brands.

-MG

SlyFerret said:
It isn't a replica, it's just a rebrand. If you look at the Englander site, "Summer's Heat" is one of their brands.

-MG
Didnt ck the englander website ,figured it was the same stove,but lowes dontr stock it in their stores as they would have to compete head to head with HD even matching price and giving additional 10% off if they were higher. i ordered stove from HD site. Should be here by next week.

I just bought a 30-nc a few weeks ago and paid $669 minus military discount. A great deal so far for me. I bought the blower online through the Englander store and wish I had listened to those on this forum who said it was not worth the money. The thing sucks the heat off of the box too much and very quickly blows cool air. A well aimed floor fan does a better job distributing the heat and does not cost $180. In any case, I $1000 for this stove is still worth it from where I sit.

i checked here in idaho, and they are about $1200. I checked back in VT and they are $669. I wonder if you can order them shiped to your home if you grab the price from another store?

fran35 said:
I just bought a 30-nc a few weeks ago and paid $669 minus military discount. A great deal so far for me. I bought the blower online through the Englander store and wish I had listened to those on this forum who said it was not worth the money. The thing sucks the heat off of the box too much and very quickly blows cool air. A well aimed floor fan does a better job distributing the heat and does not cost $180. In any case, I $1000 for this stove is still worth it from where I sit.

The website would NOT let me buy the blower and still get the discount,every time i added the blower to the order the price on the stove went back to $1199.
So i guess i lucked out anyway,i wont get the blower. I use floor fans and ceiling fans for my home made oil tank shop wood stove and they work great.

The plain-jane 30 NCH is currently advertised on-line for $649.00 at the Home Depot store in Watertown, NY. Sounds like a great buy to me; am ALMOST considering one to replace the old Timberline at the camp... If there is a sale for leftovers and the price goes down even more, well, maybe. I don't think I could go wrong.

The 30 NCG is $1899.00 at the same store. Running a comparison on the website, it's exactly the same stove as the NCH, identical specs across the board, but with a gold plated door, legs, accents. Triple the cost for aesthetics, who woulda thunk it? And who wants a fancy gold outfitted stove at hunting camp anyway?

SlyFerret said:

-MG
Whats the reburn procedure on that englander,and special settings warming up or does it just fire when it gets hot enough.

The non-cat stoves fire the secondaries when the firebox gets hot enough.

-SF

iceisasolid said:
i checked here in idaho, and they are about $1200. I checked back in VT and they are $669. I wonder if you can order them shiped to your home if you grab the price from another store?

The answer is YES. I phoned the customer service number and they first told me that the Idaho price was the price, then I informed them about the VT price. They mentioned that the stoves are shipping from a warehouse and not from the store. I was informed that if the online cart allowed the sale at that price then HD would send for that price. The end result... I purchased a 30-NCH (legs will be used and the gold trim removed) for $669 + tax with free shipping to my home in Idaho. SO... you can get the cheaper price from other HD stores and have it delivered to your home.

iceisasolid said:
iceisasolid said:

The answer is YES. I phoned the customer service number and they first told me that the Idaho price was the price, then I informed them about the VT price. They mentioned that the stoves are shipping from a warehouse and not from the store. I was informed that if the online cart allowed the sale at that price then HD would send for that price. The end result... I purchased a 30-NCH (legs will be used and the gold trim removed) for $669 + tax with free shipping to my home in Idaho. SOm you can get the cheaper price from other stores and have it delivered to your home.

I got my stove last friday ,it shipped from a warehouse in virginia and had 1 days burning so far, glad i got the big one ,the 13 would have been way too small and this one you can load it and set the air down for a long burn. Its really short though ,if you like to watch the fire ,and this stove produces a nice light show ,you practically have to lay on the floor.

Gotta ask, - Ice, how did you find the deal? For that price I'd be all good with a 13 or a 30. Web prices are all above 1K.

Beetle-Kill said:
Gotta ask, - Ice, how did you find the deal? For that price I'd be all good with a 13 or a 30. Web prices are all above 1K.

I started plugging in cities from the "local store" option on the Home Depot website (upper right side of the page). I searched Lake Placid, NY (due to reading a advertisment about a college interested in my money, ahem, my daughter's mind) and Williston (Store #4501), VT showed up as an option. I then made this my "local store" and I found the lower price listed at $669.00 I purchased through my "local store" shoping cart and received the $669 price + tax- just under $710 with FREE delivery to the first dry spot on my property as they approach my home. I think that the 1st dry spot will be my garage as we have about 1 + feet of snow on the ground...

I just checked the local store website and the price is still the same.

iceisasolid said:
Beetle-Kill said:

I started plugging in cities from the "local store" option on the Home Depot website (upper right side of the page). I searched Lake Placid, NY (due to reading a advertisment about a college interested in my money, ahem, my daughter's mind) and Williston (Store #4501), VT showed up as an option. I then made this my "local store" and I found the lower price listed at $669.00 I purchased through my "local store" shoping cart and received the $669 price + tax- just under $710 with FREE delivery to the first dry spot on my property as they approach my home. I think that the 1st dry spot will be my garage as we have about 1 + feet of snow on the ground...

I just checked the local store website and the price is still the same.

well my address it says 999$ so i tried yours and it was 669$ but when i checked out with my address it says not available in AK, ya right, i seen um and it list um avail on their website it just isnt avail to me for 669$ in ak! ripoffs! i wanted to get one too.... :(

After Taking the Eng-30 for a test drive it is a very different animal form the harman TL-300. Does the re-burn altogether different.
Squats very low to the floor,as opposed to the harman which stands pretty tall. I like both stoves for different reasons. THe light show with the Eng-30 is very good as well,but harder to view with the stove so low to the floor. Surprisingly easy to move around even with its rated Wt. of 455Lbs. Ill be taking stove top temp readings today to determine if im in the right temp range. Not sorry i did not get the blower as i dont want to stall the reburn and with the very large top surface area id rather blow some air across it with a ceiling fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.