Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug

Nov 15, 2011
northern Michigan
Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ? The reason that I ask is that 6 weeks after buying my first pellet stove I bought my first tractor. (I'm talking about a real tractor, not a riding mower). Then, Santa brought me a rifle and so did my fishing buddy. I already owned two trucks but I thought that was because I couldn't find a buyer for the old one. Come to think of it, the old truck is parked out behind the barn. but it isn't up on blocks (yet). :)

I do not own a truck. (I could use one however)

Waterbug said:
Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ? The reason that I ask is that 6 weeks after buying my first pellet stove I bought my first tractor. (I'm talking about a real tractor, not a riding mower). Then, Santa brought me a rifle and so did my fishing buddy. I already owned two trucks but I thought that was because I couldn't find a buyer for the old one. Come to think of it, the old truck is parked out behind the barn. but it isn't up on blocks (yet). :)

Do you live in a trailer?

Tom C.

Waterbug said:

Do you have a cee-ment pond?

CygnusX1 said:
Waterbug said:

Do you have a cee-ment pond?

It's a start you have to upgrade to chickens, several rifles, three shotguns, more than a little ammo, a stream that might have crawdads in it, and possums that cross the lot from time to time. Then you'll be a redneck.

ROFLMAO!!!

And he's gotta wear overalls too!

Waterbug said:

I love mine and I work in boston ma, so.... Maybe?

twojrts said:
ROFLMAO!!!

And he's gotta wear overalls too!

camouflage overalls would be better!

Already have 2 rifles, 2 shot guns, more ammo than I really want to talk about, a pond at the bottom of the hill with frogs (probably has a crawdadd or two too), numerous racoons and probably a possum or two. Guess that I'm a shotgun, couple of chickens and a pair of bibb coveralls shy. I think that the pond only has to be cement if you live in California. :) I own a travel trailer, so if the wife kicks me out of the house, I'm off to Tractor Supply to buy some bibbs and chickens. :)

Waterbug said:
Already have 2 rifles, 2 shot guns, more ammo than I really want to talk about, a pond at the bottom of the hill with frogs (probably has a crawdadd or two too), numerous racoons and probably a possum or two. Guess that I'm a shotgun, couple of chickens and a pair of bibb coveralls shy. I think that the pond only has to be cement if you live in California. :) I own a travel trailer, so if the wife kicks me out of the house, I'm off to Tractor Supply to buy some bibbs and chickens. :)

LOL, got to you didn't we?

When the weather's good, I sit out in the door yard in my stuffed recliner and enjoy a brew or two!

Do you have a cee-ment pond?[/quote]

Good one, haven't heard that one in a while Jed. Have trucks, have a trailer in a trailer park, like crawdads, can't tell you if I own guns I live north of the border, but what's a red neck.

Waterbug said:

A Big safe with Deer and NASCAR stickers and you will be right on track... But its gotta be FULL of guns. Chock full of them!! ;-P And a bunch of limited edition Case and Hen and Rooster knives, above the Mantel.

1st Fire in the Fireplace this year........ Me and Momma......

Sounds like you are good to go.... Redneck. ;-P

Attachments

• hillbilly.jpg
    hillbilly.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 770
Now, you boys are havin' entirely too much fun over here in the Pellet Forum. I'm gonna have to start policin' this area more often. Y'all keep them weapons outta sight, ya hear me? (And it wouldn't hurt if you had a cold beer or a jug o' hooch at hand when you see me drivin' in). :coolsmile:

fossil said:
Now, you boys are havin' entirely too much fun over here in the Pellet Forum. I'm gonna have to start policin' this area more often. Y'all keep them weapons outta sight, ya hear me? (And it wouldn't hurt if you had a cold beer or a jug o' hooch at hand when you see me drivin' in). :coolsmile:

Beer? What's that?

Hard to Believe, But I just had to tell the wife tonight that we are definitely HillBillies... No Yuppie in the world would buy a pellet stove and have to deal with the cleaning, the loading, the pellet hunting,the endless hours on hearth.com, coming home and sticking the chest out cause it's 75 degrees in the house, and most of all bragging about and spreading the word about our new (to me) heat source!! Thanks again to the members on this site....Just call me Mr Clampet from here on out!!!

fossil said:

Reminds me of a bar I walked into up north, as you entered there was a sign "leave guns and knives in vehicle" I thought it was cute until I dropped in one Friday night.

TLHinCanada said:
fossil said:

Reminds me of a bar I walked into up north, as you entered there was a sign "leave guns and knives in vehicle" I thought it was cute until I dropped in one Friday night.

Where's "up north" to you?

If you burn pellets or corn to heat your house..... you might be a redneck.

We drive Volvos, drink Lattes (ok...DD's) we don't do Bucks, and we work for IBM! Yeah, we're Rednecks!

REDNECK????? I think I'm the only bona fide redneck on here living down in Georgia.. I got the gun rack in the back window of the pickup (mandatory to cross the Mason Dixon Line), toilet sitting in the front porch full of purty flores, know the difference between tars (for a car) and tars (for paving), fixin' to buy another rifle, got more ammunition for the next Southern Rising, know where to get the best white lightnin', know what a thumb wrench is, know what a digger is (rototiller), always shoot the breeze at the hardware store waiting for THEM to ask what I need, know what oak trees are REALLY grown for........, wave to everyone else driving a pickup truck whether you know them or not, wave to the local sheriff, say howdy to everyone you meet, and shoot anyone who kicks in my door.

I might be a redneck, but I'm a WARM and much less poor redneck, thankyouverymuch. :)

tjnamtiw said:
know the difference between tars (for a car) and tars (for paving)

golf clap.

Well played.

Hey,I was born and raised in Tennessee not moved in here like all them there Yankees---SO I might really be a redneck?Oh,I also might be a 'mugwump'

Status
Not open for further replies.