Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
76brian said:
tjnamtiw said:
know the difference between tars (for a car) and tars (for paving)

golf clap.

Well played.

Thanks, y'all come back now, y'hear? It's fixin' to come up a cloud tonight. Can't do no outside fixin up.

fossil said:
Now, you boys are havin' entirely too much fun over here in the Pellet Forum. I'm gonna have to start policin' this area more often. Y'all keep them weapons outta sight, ya hear me? (And it wouldn't hurt if you had a cold beer or a jug o' hooch at hand when you see me drivin' in). :coolsmile:

Driving is a little tough at times up here but we've got your cold beer waitin' for ya' !

Attachments

• coldbeer.jpg
    coldbeer.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 403
Just a few of my redneck pictures.

redneck deer stand ,redneck garden tractor, redneck personal watercraft, redneck chimney sweep, and redneck swimming pool.

Attachments

• 05-02-09.jpg
    05-02-09.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 20236_1313678438546_1128219055_30974001_5619848_n.jpg
    20236_1313678438546_1128219055_30974001_5619848_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 176503.jpg
    176503.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 380
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 2009_0305Image0007.jpg
    2009_0305Image0007.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 476
  • downsized_0725101750.jpg
    downsized_0725101750.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 362
smoke show said:
Just a few of my redneck pictures.

redneck deer stand ,redneck garden tractor, redneck personal watercraft, redneck chimney sweep, and redneck swimming pool.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
YEP,You might be a Redneck...

it may have been dex who posted this originally here-

it may be meant to make fun. but i think it's fookin' genius.
redneck genius. but still.

redneck-furnace-6.jpg

If your porch roof falls will more then 4 dogs get killed. Are there wheels on your home but not your truck. Have you ever worn bib-overalls to a wedding.

Can't call it a "real tractor" unless it is more than fifty horse, and has to be a certain shade of GREEN. And fyi has no funny writing on it or in it's manual that you cannot even begin to read!

tony58 said:
Hey,I was born and raised in Tennessee not moved in here like all them there Yankees---SO I might really be a redneck?Oh,I also might be a 'mugwump'

Purdy sure I'm a redneck, don't think I'm a mugwump, got to see what a mugwump is 1st :roll:

KodiakII said:
Can't call it a "real tractor" unless it is more than fifty horse, and has to be a certain shade of GREEN. And fyi has no funny writing on it or in it's manual that you cannot even begin to read!

Are you trying to tell me that I need to learn to read before I can be a redneck ?????

Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ?

Depends. Are there hub caps hung on the side of your house?

Waterbug said:
Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ? The reason that I ask is that 6 weeks after buying my first pellet stove I bought my first tractor. (I'm talking about a real tractor, not a riding mower). Then, Santa brought me a rifle and so did my fishing buddy. I already owned two trucks but I thought that was because I couldn't find a buyer for the old one. Come to think of it, the old truck is parked out behind the barn. but it isn't up on blocks (yet). :)

NO, its a Yuppy Toy, for those of us that like to save money and enjoy a fire without the mess of burning wood.

joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug said:
Is a Pellet Stove a Redneck Thing ? The reason that I ask is that 6 weeks after buying my first pellet stove I bought my first tractor. (I'm talking about a real tractor, not a riding mower). Then, Santa brought me a rifle and so did my fishing buddy. I already owned two trucks but I thought that was because I couldn't find a buyer for the old one. Come to think of it, the old truck is parked out behind the barn. but it isn't up on blocks (yet). :)

NO, its a Yuppy Toy, for those of us that like to save money and enjoy a fire without the mess of burning wood.

yup·pie (yp)
n. Informal
A young city or suburban resident with a well-paid professional job and an affluent lifestyle.

Sorry joe, not me.

smoke show said:
joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug said:

yup·pie (yp)
n. Informal
A young city or suburban resident with a well-paid professional job and an affluent lifestyle.

Sorry joe, not me.

Some how that ain't me either.

I'm an old geezer in the country with chickens, a resident deer population that knows not to show their butts during daylight, several wandering turkey flocks (up to 15 birds per flock), both grey and red fox, fisher, muskrat, the occasional beaver, pileated woodpeckers, harry woodpeckers, owls, ducks, turtles, trout, a great blue heron, coyotes, skunks, porcupines, the occasional stray dog, raccoons, opossums, and other sundry wildlife.

Waterbug said:
KodiakII said:

Are you trying to tell me that I need to learn to read before I can be a redneck ?????

Good heavens no! Though a true readneck would have a secretary/spouse to do his clerical work. I am referring to that "Kung Fu" writing that you might find in that other green wannabe tractor from "off shore".!!

KodiakII said:
Waterbug said:
KodiakII said:

Good heavens no! Though a true readneck would have a secretary/spouse to do his clerical work. I am referring to that "Kung Fu" writing that you might find in that other green wannabe tractor from "off shore".!!

That all translates to "you are screwed", see how easy that was ;-).

smoke show said:
joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug said:

yup·pie (yp)
n. Informal

Sorry joe, not me.

Yeah.... Um........ Not me either.

Own a few acres here in Ohio (less than 10) and several hundred in Kentucky (more than 300). Not afraid to say my Fathers family is from Ky, Moms is from Va. Proud of all my history.

No Yuppie here.

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug said:

yup·pie (yp)
n. Informal

Sorry joe, not me.

Own a few acres here in Ohio (less than 10) and several hundred in Kentucky (more than 300). Not afraid to say my Fathers family is from Ky, Moms is from Va. Proud of all my history.

No Yuppie here.

Well I may qualify: 6 acres, one horse, 5 chickens, dog, cats, peacocks, I restore Gravely Tractors (my daily mower is 36 yrs old). My garden is about a half acre, and I can enough pickles and relish to keep us stocked for the year.

I'm not sure -- but I was lookin' for a pellet stove for my outhouse. It's cold at night when you site on that wood seat! I'm gonna git one, once I figure out if I need an OAK!

joe_pinehill said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug said:

yup·pie (yp)
n. Informal

Sorry joe, not me.

No Yuppie here.

Well I may qualify: 6 acres, one horse, 5 chickens, dog, cats, peacocks, I restore Gravely Tractors (my daily mower is 36 yrs old). My garden is about a half acre, and I can enough pickles and relish to keep us stocked for the year.

Yep.... Never refer to yourself as a Yuppie again.

Sounds like a nice place. My Boss in High school (I worked on Semi's/Tractor Trailers) had a few Gravelys. Those things had an attachment for EVERYTHING. Couldnt believe it could do so many things. Now as an Adult, I am always looking for an older model, with some wanted accessories.

DexterDay said:
joe_pinehill said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
joe_pinehill said:
Waterbug" date="1327125477 said:

Yep.... Never refer to yourself as a Yuppie again.

Sounds like a nice place. My Boss in High school (I worked on Semi's/Tractor Trailers) had a few Gravelys. Those things had an attachment for EVERYTHING. Couldnt believe it could do so many things. Now as an Adult, I am always looking for an older model, with some wanted accessories.

off topic, but, Yes, the Gravely bug as addictive as the Pellet Stove bug. I grew up with them, Grandfather and father had them, I'm using some attachments my father bought in the 50s.

Gotta say I'm no yuppie! Grew up in the country, roamed the fields and woods til I HAD to go to school! Ewww!! Lived on a farm for almost a year and Loved It!!

Right now, I live in a trailer, so this, plus the above, yeah, I'm a Redneck!! And proud of it.

Waterbug, yep, you're a Redneck by default! LOL

I have always said that I am a NY Redneck!
Just installing a Pellet Stove adds to the ambiance of a redneck mansion!
More guns than I know because I do not keep track of them!
More ammo than I am aware of.
No pickup, but I am always looking for one! I need a truck to haul the pellets in.

Bill

thedude110 said:
bostonfan49 said:
We drive Volvos, drink Lattes (ok...DD's) we don't do Bucks, and we work for IBM! Yeah, we're Rednecks!

We can fit a surprising number of pellets into our Prius ...

Yes, i left that out, I've owned 4 Volvos, would still be driving my '90 240, but 2 years ago someone ran a stop sign in front of me, the 240 had 289K miles. Switched so Subarus now.

You can tell its snowing in the NE, and spending to much time on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.