Is it too warm inside ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it reached 90 in the living room about an hour ago and people started the same old "Its so hot in here how to do stand it" Now everyone is gone==c and I can clean up the mess and take it easy the rest of the nigh and week before I start taking down all this dang Christmas stuff down. Don't get me wrong I like have family over, but after a week of running here and there is always nice to have some peace and quiet

No.

We have somewhat of an open concept kitchen, living room and dining room area and that area is usually 80 to 83 the back area where the bedroom and bathrooms are is usually in the low 70s, I have a pellet stove in that area. Downstairs in my TV room and the family room I have a wood stove and that area normally stayes in the mid to high 70s.We had some people over the holidays and they marveled at how warm and toasty the house was. There were a few couples that have emailed me or called me since the visit asking me questions about wood stoves and pellet stoves.
I try to keep the house pretty warm since my wife is always cold.

People that come to our house always are happy that it is very warm & they often remark how quiet our furnace is (cause it's not on duh). I think people have just plain forgotten how to heat with wood. Too much natural gas here I guess. I even noticed my older brother cozy up to the wood stove this year. That was a first!! Keep it warm people and let those that don't like it go home to their cold house. Nothing wrong with shorts and a T shirt in January IMHO.

What you never hear is them driving home.

"Milt you lazy bum. Did you feel how warm that house was? And Marty complaining about his hundred dollar utility bills? That is the state tax on our oil bill!. Now we go home and freeze our butts off! You just had to have that chain saw for Christmas in 1996. Get it out and get one of them stoves and warm our house up. Or I am gonna go live with them!."

You live in alaska. That's to be expected. You're friggin' part polar bear for christ's sake.

The rest of us enjoy warm temps, heated pools, ocean water above freezing, and margaritas with umbrellas. We don't all camp in igloos, damnit! ;lol
im in between both of these worlds but it made me chuckle!

What you never hear is them driving home.

"Milt you lazy bum. Did you feel how warm that house was? And Marty complaining about his hundred dollar utility bills? That is the state tax on our oil bill!. Now we go home and freeze our butts off! You just had to have that chain saw for Christmas in 1996. Get it out and get one of them stoves and warm our house up. Or I am gonna go live with them!."

Milt nods quietly and asks Alice how long she'll be gone for. Offers to help her pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.