1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is this where the free wood at?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by smokinj, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eernest4

eernest4 New Member

Loc:
    ct

Install a motion sensor with a light and a 110 volt alarm, horn or klaxon. Anyone comes near the wood pile & you get lights and noise, just dont forget to install an off/on switch inside the house, so that you can get your wood, too and reset it at 3am when the neighborhood cat pays a visit.

The sensitivity and duration of the motion sensor should be adjustable, because you would probably want the noise to stop after 1 minute & wouldn't want passing cars to set it off.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. eernest4

eernest4 New Member

Loc:
    ct

Looks like $6000.oo to $8000.oo worth of wood to me! Where did you say you lived?

anywheres near Ct?? ;-P
  3. CowboyAndy

CowboyAndy New Member

Loc:
    Chateaugay, NY
    just need to say this: Would you have a problem with your neighbor going into your bank account and just taking a little bit???

we heat with wood for the sole factor of saving money. we save an averate of $4000 a year, so if someone stole my 8 cords of wood, that would be like them stealing $4000 from me, and i would NOT take that lightly.
  4. mayhem

mayhem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Peru, MA
    Would you murder someone for stealing just a little bit out of your bank account or would you call the police?

Yes,t hese poeple are stealing from you...or trying to. But shooting at them or setting your dog on them is only going to get YOU arrested.
  5. oilstinks

oilstinks Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western NC
    feee wood at eernest4's house. glad we don have that problem aroud here wood seems to be plentiful and about 75% of the poeople around here burn that are not in city limits.
  6. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana

lol we got alot of wood around here and 75% to lazy to cut it them selves. Sure wouldnt shoot someone over it,but offer people all the time if you help I will give you some wood no one ever show's up but "MMAUL"
  7. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    [​IMG]

how much wood is that, anyway? I'm a bad judge anyway, but trying to figure out from a picture is even harder. 20cords? maybe 25?
  8. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    that pallet is 4 ft now Iam just guessing because its fun.9 1/2 cords
  9. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    I guess I was using my own pile to compare, and I counted like 8 or 9 rows there thinking each one looks like one of my rows. I'm wrong, because my pile is a couple of rows deep and I think I figured about 2.5 cords. Using that, then I guess I would say he's got about 4 times what i got. So yeah, 10 cords should be pretty close.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.