Isle Royale Stove top temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdiman

Jul 3, 2007
Nebraska
What is the recommended stove top temp of a Quadra-fire isle royale?? I usually run mine around 500 degrees F. I can't find it anywhere in the manual.
I also run my thermometer in the back right corner. Or is there a better place to run it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Kelly

I would say don't go over 700 degrees on a regular basis for any stove. You also may want to put a thermometer about eye level on your stovepipe so that you can see what temp your stove is when you're burning in the safe pipe range. I have a thermometer on the stovepipe and the stove, but rarely need to look at the stovetop one. And I put mine in the middle of the stove; try it there and see if it reads a little higher than what you've been reading. I hope that this helps you.

Heat conducts fairly well on a single wall stove top, but I usually put mine closer to the front and center. Inspect the stove and put it somewhere that there is not a lot of internal manifolds which might break up the heat radiation.

500-700 is a good medium to medium high range. It may jump higher than that with certain wood and conditions, and that should not hurt anything as long as it is not regularly above 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.