John Deere pellet & corn stoves...anyone ever knew they made them??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope its not crap, but i feel i will be wrong.. nothings supposed to run like a deere...

I wonder who makes them for John Deere! Nothing runs like a Deere?! Dang electric clutches drive me nuts on my tractor...of course, it IS 15 years old!

I believe they are St. Croix stoves.

I saw one of these at me dealer earlier this year when I went in to purchase my pellets. They are also a John Deere tractor dealer. It just surprises me that they are not a bright green and yellow in color.

codebum said:
.....It just surprises me that they are not a bright green and yellow in color.

LOL I think even John Deere realized that nobody besides a die-hard JD fan would want a bright green & yellow stove in their house....doesn't go with too many decors.

Last year during the "Great Stove Shortage" of 2008-2009, when Harmon and Lopi pellet stoves ( plus many other brands ) had LONG waiting lists, the John Deere dealer in Auburn, Maine, had new ownership and moved to a new location. They had a John Deere pellet stove on display and stoves available for immediate sale.

Took a brochure home to show the wife what her choices of etchings on the front glass would be. Two or three agricultural motifs available as I remember. The wife was NOT amused. We continued our wait for a Lopi.

Old Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.