Jotul F3cb 2 different stove top temps ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetooth

Aug 20, 2011
East Coast
I remember reading about this before in a thread . Right now the stove is cruising with secondaries . The right hand side is just below 500 and the left hand side is just above 600 . Is this a concern ? Is it best to contact the dealer or is there a simple fix ?

thanks
happy burning

Attachments

• jotul top.jpg
    jotul top.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 248
  • jotul top1.jpg
    jotul top1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 255
Nothing to worry about- it all depends on how the fire is burning inside the firebox. Sometimes the right will be hotter, sometimes the left. Usually there is one spot that is a little more consistent with the higher temps.

Or it may be the thermometers. I just recently bought another flue probe and installed it higher than my 1st. Its reading 150* higher. I changed the position of them and still get the same 150* difference. So which is right and which is wrong????

Buying a different probe for my K-type thermocouple. Early next week I will know the temp of the flue has for sure.

But the stove top temps do vary. Depends on placement and how the gases flow under the thermometer. Front of the Englander will read about 550*, but the top magnet (right where impingement plate is) reads about 100* higher.

Remkel said:
Nothing to worry about- it all depends on how the fire is burning inside the firebox. Sometimes the right will be hotter, sometimes the left. Usually there is one spot that is a little more consistent with the higher temps.

+1 . . . I played around with my Jotul Oslo and found there was a decent difference in the four corners even while burning . . . in the end I put it in the corner that was consistently hotter (for me it was the right rear corner) . . . at least I did this until I put the soapstone topper on it.

Thanks for the information . I had cleaned off the stove top earlier in the day and placed the thermometer on the right , I normally have it on the left and moved it back over after it had been burning for a while and noticed the difference . After I posted the question I checked it again and the difference was only 30 or 40 degrees .

thanks

I should note to that we have been very pleased with the way the stove throw around heat . We are running a ceiling fan in the stove room and it will put 75% of the house in the 72-78 range and the bedrooms at the far end will stay a comfortable 68 .
No overnight burns but it is making a big improvement on our oil bill .

Status
Not open for further replies.