Jump start for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvdave

Dec 12, 2008
Newburgh, IN
Nice weather yesterday so I took advantage of it.

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 482
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 452
atvdave said:
Nice weather yesterday so I took advantage of it.

Nice start, what kind of wood and are you suppose to get any snow?

zap

From left to right in the 1st pic; Is that kindling to overnighters or did you get tired of splitting down?

Looks like a good start!

You probably should mount the ball higher so that the hydraulic pump isn't running so close to the ground.

No snow eh! We have enough to ski already and expect to get up to a foot in the next day or two.

Great start....

Werm said:
From left to right in the 1st pic; Is that kindling to overnighters or did you get tired of splitting down?

Looks like a good start!

HEHE.. My son was splitting some (the large one's) when I was in the woods cutting more. I'll have to go back and re-split some of the one's to the right. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic but there kinda big to be putting into a insert.

What kind of wood???? Man I don't know.. I'm not the kind of person that can look at the bark or wood and tell ya. I need to get a book and learn..

LLigetfa said:
You probably should mount the ball higher so that the hydraulic pump isn't running so close to the ground.

No snow eh! We have enough to ski already and expect to get up to a foot in the next day or two.

It doe's set low for the splitter.. But the land is going up-hill. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic, but the splitter is really level.

We don't get much snow down here in southern Indiana... Mostly just rain. Every now and then we will get a good snow fall, but nothing like you get up there. Keep warm..

Yer gonna split it MORE?? It all ready looks like kindling :bug:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Yer gonna split it MORE?? It all ready looks like kindling :bug:

Must be the picture.. It's kinda big for a insert

Pic from the other side... Not kindling. At least not for me.

Attachments

• wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 410
Even that side looks bigger than my splits,....I don't see any kindling there!

Nice looking wood. Looks like over a cord at least.
Wouldn't a 10 foot lean-to off the metal building make a nice dry wood shed.

[quote author="bogydave" date="1261616230"]Nice looking wood. Looks like over a cord at least.
Sounds like you need your eyes recalibrated. A cord stacked in a single row like that would need to be 4' high by 24' long. Do you sell wood by chance? :)

Good work Dave, but it looks strange to see no snow. Maybe we won't have any left in a couple days though as they say we may get some rain and ice. I just hope if we do get ice that we get enough rain to melt it all before freezing up again. Probably be like a skating rink and I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.