Just for Harley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCT

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Just proving to you I'm making progress on finally finishing my install :coolsmirk:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/sundedo/Fire/almost2.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/sundedo/Fire/almost.jpg

Just need to finish the ceiling of the alcove, paint the final finish on the main living room walls, trim in the ceiling box and clean up the grout residue. On the residue note, I got some of that acid stuff from HD and tried it on a small spot in the back. Works like a charm!!! Just have to do the rest of the tile :)

It's Ralph Lauren Desert Suede. I didn't pick the color. The people that owned the place before me painted it. I do like it, but it's a pain in the arse to finish. On a fresh wall, one base coat with a roller. Let dry atleast 4 hrs, then use a 4 in. brush making small X's to give the texture.

I was alittle perturbed about the paint I got to finish my alcove wall. I took the original paint into HD and asked for a gallon of the SAME paint. When I got home and begain painting, I noticed that it was alittle lighter in shade. I thought it might dry alittle darker, but it didn't. So I need to atleast do another brush coat on the rest of my walls to get it to match. If you look close, you can see the difference in the pictures.

Hehehe, I know what you mean. I've got some plain beige walls that I'm thinking about doing a lighter shade of the suede.

The other thing that I'm finding out I'm not that happy with is the ceiling box. Because of the angle at which the chimney comes down at, the box sits very far out of the ceiling. They also cut out part of the box to try and fit closer to the pipe, but it makes it look like crap. Does anyone have any suggestions on a better way to finish this connection? I only need the box to help maintain clearance, since the rest of the chimney system is strapped and supported by the ceiling joists.

I can take closer pictures when I get home.

Alright, Don!!!!

Looks great!!!! I also like that wood trim/mantle up above. Glad to hear that acid stuff worked on the tile.

When you have everything completely wrapped up, you can have the official "grand opening" for the stove and invite us all down there for a few beers!!!!!

That looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.