1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Kids today..

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Mrs. Krabappel, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    My hair used to be thick and my waist thin,now its the opposite. Damn gravity and age.
    PapaDave likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Seasoned Oak

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Fr some reason BG i though you were younger, mid 30s I guess i think of Eco friendly guys as a younger generation.
  3. jeromehdmc

jeromehdmc Member

Loc:
    Kansas City
    Adios, just the other day I went for a bike ride and put some C.O.C. in.
    Even today they still don't sound too bad, I don't know why they didn't make it big.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Thanks. A lot of environmental stuff came out in the 60's stimulated by Rachel Carlson, Stewart Brand, Mother Earth News, and evolving with Avory Lovins, Carl Sagan, etc. Our generation was the one that reflected back on that beautiful blue marble spaceship called planet earth for the first time. It was a pivotal moment and my mind resonated to people trying to do things smarter. This is what evolution is supposed to be about.
    ~*~Kathleen~*~ likes this.
  5. Tramontana

Tramontana Member

Loc:
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado
    Sorry for being macabre, but I'm becoming more and more skeptical of today's youth.

I've been wondering for some time, is it merely the fact that news, especially tragic news, is more widely distributed, or are children becoming more and more violent?

I don't remember ever hearing of violence committed by minors when I was growing up.

Just weeks ago, a 17 year old was arrested and charged for abducting, killing, then mutilating a 10 year old girl on her way to school. This past summer a 20-something year old grad student opened fire in a local theater and killed 24. Several years ago it was the shootings at Columbine.

I just don't get what is going on?!
  6. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Violent crime is down. Violent crime for youths spiked in the early 90s, but is down overall since the 80s
  7. Seasoned Oak

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    In my back yard it seems very few teens are working. When i was a Teenager ,I and most of my friends had jobs.We didnt have time to be out getting in trouble. I see a lot of parents just give them money . In many cases the more you do for them the less they want to do for themselves. I have a lot of neices and nephews like that.