L.Lange Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugeye

Hi,
I have a Lange & Co wood stove and i am trying tio find information on it. On the back the markings are as follows
IYENDBORG - PEIS-81, L.LANGE&CO;., DENMARK
It is red proclin about 38 inches tall.
We are thinking about selling it and are trying to get a price on it. Thanks

Bugeye said:
Hi,
I have a Lange & Co wood stove and i am trying tio find information on it. On the back the markings are as follows
IYENDBORG - PEIS-81, L.LANGE&CO;., DENMARK
It is red proclin about 38 inches tall.
We are thinking about selling it and are trying to get a price on it. Thanks

If it's in great condition inside and out I would think you might be able to get $400+ for it in peak season. Langes were good stoves and quite nice to look at. If you do a search in this forum you will come across miscellaneous Lange owner posts that may help you identify the stove. Otherwise we will need a picture posted.

hearth wiki specs and pictures of some Langes:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Lange_Stoves/

owner posting:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/28031/

Thanks for the replys, When we bought our home, it was directly in the middlle of living room and didn't work for us. Now it is on the pourch and we use it as a planter. I will try to post pictures

Attachments

• stove 003.jpg
    stove 003.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 3,029
  • stove 005.jpg
    stove 005.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,511
That is a neat stove - but was never a popular model. I think it might be a coal or multi-fuel (briquettes, etc.) unit.

The value is hard to set because it depends on that buyer. Lange were top-top of the line - some of the best units made. It is more of a collectors item than a stove which would be used - although some may use it.

It might be good to place such a stove on eBay and set your reserve to what you want - but start it lower and let it hopefully go higher. That way you have the largest possible universe of buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.