1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

La Crete on board

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Xena, Jan 9, 2013.

1. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    I see you're sitting on 3 ton Cubex. If it makes you feel better....there are many choices out there that could have been worse.
    Cubex, although not the "great pellet" that it was six or seven years ago, is still a decent pellet. But yes, compared to Spruce Pointe....they are inferior. Like you said...."Live and Learn"....and its always good to try and keep doing both of those! ==c

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fmsm

fmsm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    I tried 1 bag of fireside ultras, that was all it took for me to cross them off my list. Clinker city for me!
  3. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    I liked the Northern(cubex). I thought they were good, not 285$ a ton good. Without changing any settings on the stove, I scraped the burn pot and cleaned the glass and dumped in a bag of SP. the temp jumped up 2 degrees in my house. Had to dial it down to get the downstairs back to 75.
  4. movemaine

movemaine Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    LaCretes are my favorite pellet. I little cheaper than Okies and burn great with little ash.